Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Never again!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/never-again-t171204.html)

Kim Bohannon 12-07-2011 07:01 AM

It is really easy to bite off more than we can chew... I do it all the time and wonder why I keep doint it! lol... eventually we learn

jaciqltznok 12-07-2011 07:02 AM

ah, the lessons we learn..the hard way..hehhe

I am feeling that pinch myself....good luck to you...

Merry Christmas

j 12-07-2011 07:07 AM

I am making 3 quilts for Christmas, finished one, made doll quilts and doll pillows to match, big pillow cases for them, still have 2 quilts to tie or run straight stitches on the machine to quilt. I hope to have them ready to go by this weekend. Of course I could have started them before Thanksgiving, but then I couldn't complain, Never again will I try to make so many at one time. Only 2 at a time and finish one before I start another. - J

Tartan 12-07-2011 07:11 AM

What a bunch of busy little Christmas elves we have on here! I try to avoid the Christmas crunch for gift making. I saw a cool idea on a web site that said to work on your Christmas gift list on the 25 of each month for the whole year. (gift on the 25th.) Maybe next year?

bcross 12-07-2011 08:11 AM

Like you I planned 3 quilts for my 3 grandchildren. I have finished the boys (all but a part of one side of binding) but my granddaughter's is not finished. I am doing a Michael Miller Clubhouse and have to put the borders on the top and cut
the backing and get it longarmed before next weekend. I think I'll get it done but it won't have the scallops or binding done by the time they come on the 17th.

harvsstuff 12-07-2011 08:20 AM

I'm sure if they are not finished by Christmas the kids will be just as happy to receive them if a little late. Its
like having another christmas a week or two late.

ScrappyAZ 12-07-2011 08:22 AM

This is not quilting related, but my "never again" moment came when my children were in grade school..2nd, 3rd and 4th grade. After I took some basic cake decorating classes, all three children volunteered me to make their class a Halloween cake for their class party. I was up until 3am baking and decorating three cakes for 30 kids each!

joyce888 12-07-2011 08:33 AM

Been there done that. One quilt was promised to be finished shortly after Christmas; two years later she got it ON Christmas.

jgriinke 12-07-2011 09:38 AM

I decided this year not to do that to myself. I think we are all "legends in our own minds" at times. :)
But, we all live and learn. We then have to decide to either be sane, or drive ourselves crazy. I have decided this year to be sane. I only have a couple of table runners that I am making. No quilts.

lillybeck 12-07-2011 10:40 AM

I have finally just put away the projects that did not get finished for this year and went a different way. I have decided that after the first of the year I will pick up where I left off and have them for next christmas or to finish them in order of birthdays and give them as birthday gifts. I am not willing to deal with the stress of trying to get them finished.