Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Accuquilter Go/me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-accuquilter-go-me-t308978.html)

lindawmn 01-12-2020 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy (Post 8350363)
Yes, the Go Me is a Go Baby - just has a new name. Not sure why, when it was first marketed it came with the Owl die and something else - not sure what all.
Hope you enjoy your -I have the Go and love it.
Also, I highly recommend the Accuquilt storage boxes. They are very sturdy, protect the dies and I put a sticky note on them to label what is in the boxes. For the longer dies I do use the wire holder - but you can get a metal file holder from Office Depot, Walmart, Target or even Goodwill.

Thanks for the info and I really appreciate the tips on protecting the dies! I have so many toys and not enough time - LOL! I finally gave up on fixing a machine - was able to repair all the computerized bits but the pressure foot won't put enough pressure on the fabric. Rather than take it apart and watch things spring, I paid $100 to get it done professionally. Hopefully all it needs is a cleaning!

Cam's gram 01-13-2020 09:11 AM

I love my Accuquilt Go! I use the strip dies all the time. It is so much faster and much more accurate than what I can do,

juliasb 01-14-2020 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 8347783)
I have the regular Go and I use the strip dies the most. I love it and I really enjoy the straight strips!

I am waiting for a 2 1/2" strip die to get here. I figure I will get the most use of that too. I am finding there are a number of limits to this smaller unit but I am loving it and not ready (almost) to go to the next level. Now that I have a better idea of how all this works.
I just finished, yesterday, the Apple Core center of a quilt I am doing. I still have to trim and put on my borders. I started on the Tumbler quilt top yesterday and what a breeze compared to the curves of the Apple Core. I will post pictures in the next day or so. I have completed 9 rows since yesterday on the Tumbler Quilt top. It is amazing just how fast you can invest in the dies. Until I use all the dies at least once, or more, I will not be purchasing any more. I am also finding this very handy for scrappy quilts. Cutting the pieces is a breeze.

juliasb 01-14-2020 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 8347583)
Very nice you got the cutting machine. It should come in quite handy.

It is proving to be very handy. I have cut out 2 quilt tops and sewn one and working on another in the time it would have taken me to cut half of a single quilt in either of the designs I have used so far.

juliasb 01-14-2020 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by lindawmn (Post 8350348)
Question I have: is the Me! and the Baby one and the same? I think they might be, just a marketing change. It's more versatile then I thought it would be, as you can do a nice-sized square or circle using this cutter. And it definitely isn't so oversize that finding a place for it is tough.

From everything I am seeing they are one in the same just a marketing change. The Accuquilt site is still showing the Baby as the smaller machine. This machine will find a place on a shelf once I get one cleared off or get rid of some books (Ha!).

juliasb 01-14-2020 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cam's gram (Post 8350529)
I love my Accuquilt Go! I use the strip dies all the time. It is so much faster and much more accurate than what I can do,

As I mentioned a moment ago I have the 2 1/2" strip cutter on the way. I look forward to putting it to good use. The price was right on the Go! Me at $49.00 So it was a go for me when DH got it for me for the 12th night.

lindawmn 02-02-2020 06:02 AM

I walked into a local thrift store and found five different strip dies at 1/2 retail! Could not believe my luck!

quiltingcandy 02-03-2020 10:41 PM

Wow! That is lucky! It never occurred to me to look for them in thrift stores. I find them on FB or Craig's list from time to time.

juliasb 02-04-2020 06:16 AM

I have been finding the dies for very good prices on Marketplace too. I will now have to be watching the thrift stores. Amazing what you do not think about.

toogie 02-04-2020 07:08 AM

I am not familiar with any of the cutters but was surprised to read you got one for $50, I thought it would be higher. Is it expensive to get into and is there a lot of fabric waste? Cutting out is the part I don’t like about quilting.