Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Brother Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-brother-sewing-machine-t32549.html)

Ninnie 12-29-2009 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
what a wonderful DH you have, i wish you great joy from the machine, i still love opening my drawer up and just running my fingers over the various bits, childish i know but it brings me such joy.

I walk by and just rub it :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

cutebuns 12-29-2009 05:16 PM

it will have a worn spot in no time

There are feet there that most won't use, there is usually a button hole one, a cording one, a blind hemming foot, these are some that you may use, as well as a darning foot, a embroidery (a fmq) foot 1/4 IN foot, there are several that do the same but look different, like a plastic one and a metal one

Ninnie 12-29-2009 05:26 PM

I will lay them out, and you can go over them with me :-D
I do know there is a quilting foot, and a walking foot, and feet for different stitches.

cutebuns 12-29-2009 05:36 PM

i am not sure about yours but when I select a certain stitch on one of mine, it tells me what foot to use, not that I do, and I use some feet for things other than what they are slated for, like the zipper foot I use for making the sew in cording, it works like a charm, but I use my regular foot for zippers usually.

Ninnie 12-29-2009 05:38 PM

This one tells you which foot to use also, thank goodness :lol: :lol:
You know I am not very mechanically inclined.

cutebuns 12-29-2009 06:22 PM

I don't always listen to it, some i found better to use than others, at least for me, most of them the normal sewer won't ever do more than look at, like a lot of the decorative stitches, I look at them, and think that some are cool and then I go back to doing what I was doing, they are nice and a selling point in some machines,

sharon b 12-29-2009 08:31 PM

I can't believe you still haven't played with it yet :shock: What brother embroidery machine do you have ? I just love my Brothers, I have the SE270D and the 6000I and a basic one :wink:

Ninnie 12-30-2009 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
I can't believe you still haven't played with it yet :shock: What brother embroidery machine do you have ? I just love my Brothers, I have the SE270D and the 6000I and a basic one :wink:

I have the PE750D, and I just love it! :-D :-D
I am now the owner of 1 embroidery machine, and 2 sewing machines :shock: :shock: This board is such an enabler for me, and I do love it so!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CajunQuilter2 12-30-2009 05:40 AM

I have a brother 650Q and I love it!!!! Happy Sewing

Maksi 12-30-2009 06:09 AM

I can imaging how much fun you have still looking at your new machine. A few years ago my husband gave me a Brother NX400 and I love this machine stille every day! And my beloved husband too off course :)
You have a very lovely husband and your new machine is great!