Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   new disease (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-disease-t89823.html)

sewingsuz 01-13-2011 05:18 PM

yes, me too.

Happy Tails 01-13-2011 05:44 PM

I can't help but wonder....are we sure we want yet another addiction. Is it not bad enough we suffer (in silence) as our addictions become more and more common and totally uncurable....now she wants us addicted to chocolate...I'm sure weight watchers will be delighted....oh wait, we can't join ww, we don't have the time,(we're too busy spending our time here) nor can we afford meetings....what, pay for a meeting when I could buy more fabric...no-brainer, the fabric wins, ww looses, so forget the chocolate, go for the black coffee.......and who digs through 6 bins for stash - isn't it easier just to order more fabric? I must go ponder that question

fabric whisperer 01-13-2011 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
...and who digs through 6 bins for stash - isn't it easier just to order more fabric? I must go ponder that question

ROFLMBO ~ What is there to ponder? The stuff in the stash isn't enough yardage!!! :shock: And the new prints are soooo enticing...

dixiechunk 01-13-2011 06:20 PM

I call it quiltus iterruptus.

feffertim 01-13-2011 06:31 PM

very funny. LMAO

Annz 01-13-2011 06:32 PM

Me too but sometimes I have the starteritis too. If I didn't belong to a quilting group I don't know how productive I would be. Ther is always interruptions.

BluegrassGurl 01-13-2011 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
oh ... yes. that's among the most annoying of the quiltitus virus strains.

you have quiltitus nofinishus

then there are:
quiltitus buytoomuchifus
quiltitus neverstarticus
- often brought on by quiltitus can'tmakeupmymindwhichprojecttopickifus ... leading invariably to quiltitus juststareatallthatfabricus

none of those are as bad, however, as
-quiltitus ranoutofthefabricbeforethequiltwasdoneicus
-quiltitus can'tfindTHEoneremainingfabricIneedforthisprojecti fus

the one that will nearly kill the average quilter?

quiltitus imissedthehalfoffsalebyonedayicus!

Love this!!! Thanks for the laugh. I needed it. ;-)

Rock Lady 01-13-2011 07:07 PM

Hilarious!!!! So true, so true. If anyone finds a cure, just keep it to yourself. This is toooooo much fun.

Momsmurf 01-13-2011 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by katrbee
I have 12 tops and two longarm machines and still can't get them all done. and starting two more tops.

Quilt tops are more fun to work on.... :thumbup:
I've got one quilt loaded on the frame and have been working on it, sort of, for 3 months. I don't dare start putting the tops in a container - I'll never get them done!

I do find that once I get the quilts "sandwiched" and start the quilting process on my regular machines...they finish rapidly.
Maybe it's just the prep I'm avoiding.

Momsmurf 01-13-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by sewgull
I understand there is NO cure. This virus can be found in many quilts shops or sewing groups.

Exactly...! In active clusters, easily found on each and every bolt of fabric. If you fail to stop and at least admire it, it will fall on the floor as soon as you turn your back. That's the "take me home" move.

No known method of extermination, treatment includes purchase and home storage.