Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   new ideas in quilting. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-ideas-quilting-t128908.html)

thequiltmama 06-08-2011 03:52 AM

I think the latest trend is whatever makes me want to sew. :)

Annaquilts 06-08-2011 04:15 AM

I am having fun. :D I definitely like gadgets and techniques that help me make quilts.

redmadder 06-08-2011 04:25 AM

Trendy is not for me. After nearly 40 years, I've settled on Civil War and 1930s. But I love what everyone is doing. For myself, I'm working through the classics with my own innovations. Grandmas Fan, Double X, Broken Dishes, Hexagons, Log Cabin, Chips and Whetstones, Lady of the Lake, they'll never get old.

kraftykimberly 06-08-2011 04:28 AM

Trends, schmends !! I do whatever floats my boat on any given day, which is subject to change by the time the next day comes around. :-)

neeng 06-08-2011 05:36 AM

Totally agree, and use the same approach.

Originally Posted by cjtinkle
I have a folder on my network drive called "Inspirations". When I'm browsing the web, and I see something that I love, I save the picture to this folder. I can save from any computer in the house as well as access it, which makes it nice. The file is now huge, and when I need inspiration, I go take a peek! I don't care what's trendy, I just care that I love it!

sandpat 06-08-2011 05:40 AM

I like to browse the LQS to see all the new/latest/greatest things out there. I admit to being a "gadget girl" and like to try new things. I usually like to learn at least 1 new thing with each quilt...frequently I learn more than 1 thing (like how NOT to do something! ) This board really helps me in keeping up though...so do a few select magazine subscriptions.

Rose Marie 06-08-2011 06:44 AM

The quilting magazines are pushing modern style quilts. Simple geometric blocks that look more modern.
Not my style, Im still in old style mode, stars and blocks with a challenge.
I think they want you to make tops quickly so you will buy more fabric sooner.
I want to make a kalidescope if I ever get caught up on my unfinished projects.

flowerjoy 06-08-2011 07:24 AM

Redmadder, I love the civil war period and 1930's quilt styles also. Someone (maybe it was you?) suggested the book "Alice's Tulips" about quilters during the civil war. I am reading it now and it is very enjoyable...thought you might like it also...of course, unless you were the one who already read it.

needles3thread 06-08-2011 11:22 AM

I like techniques that make things easier........but, at
my age, it might be easier to stick to my way instead of
learning something new.

Anael 06-08-2011 11:26 AM

I do what I like and I don't care if it's trendy or not. I save on my computer what I love and go over the pictures whenever I want to make something new. If you want to go with the trendy stuff you have to change everything to match the quilt you just made LOL. You can learn something new and not be trendy :D