Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A new "member" in our family! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-member-our-family-t230644.html)

Misty's Mom 09-20-2013 05:52 AM

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll gets lots and lots of hours of wonderful sewing. I would recommend you join a janome yahoo group for your machine. If it's like the group I belong to, there is a wealth of information there, as well as tips you won't find in a book. Please tell DD that she's really tired today and needs a long nap :)

rmb282 09-20-2013 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Butterfli19 (Post 6304200)
omg you must be so excited! I hope your daughter takes a nice lonnnnng nap, lol!

My kids used to sit right on my lap while I sewed, until they got too big to fit. As they got older I would let them remove the pins and put them in the magnet or pin cushion and that kept them occupied for a bit. They learned to understand the process and I let them sew their own little projects as well. Now I'm doing that with my gs but he's a bit more restless!

You are going to love your Janome!

Thanks everyone! DD is only 14 months but I can only hope that one day she will sit on my lap and sew. And loves it as much as I do!

klgls 09-20-2013 06:50 AM

Congratulations!!! I hope you love it as much as I love mine!!

DogHouseMom 09-20-2013 07:00 AM

Great news! So glad you found a salesman who was willing to help instead of just sell what he had in stock. I think you'll be happy with the 6600 ... it's a great machine.

Lori S 09-20-2013 07:38 AM

Congrats! I am wishing you many many hours of blissful quilting!

Buckeye Rose 09-20-2013 09:12 AM

Congrats on the new machine! I know you will love it, specially after you figure out all the wonderful little things it can do. Do schedule some classes on use of the 6600....learning to tweak the tension for different applications is necessary....learn how to use the alphabet....try all the fancy stitching......have a wonderful time playing!

susie-susie-susie 09-20-2013 09:31 AM

By all means, take all the classes that you can. My favorite LQS has weekly classes to make something that will teach you how to use your machine. The first year the classes are free. It's a great way to learn your machine. I recently test drove the 5900 Horizon, and one of the perks offered was classes for life. Can't go wrong since there are so many things you can do with that machine. I can only imagine what your machine can do. Have fun!!! One thing I did many years ago when I got my new machine was make a strip of fabric with each setting on my machine--then I knew what the design looked like.
Sue

EasyPeezy 09-20-2013 09:34 AM

Congratulation on your new machine. Happy sewing!

annie123 09-20-2013 09:49 AM

I'm very happy for you and I hope your new machine brings you many years of enjoyment.

quiltstringz 09-20-2013 12:23 PM

Woo Hoo - congratulations. I know you are going to love it