Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A new "member" in our family! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-member-our-family-t230644.html)

kiffie2413 09-20-2013 12:33 PM

Yay for you!!! I recently bought the Horizon 7700..and I love it! I had to eat some crow...with my foot in my mouth...as I used to believe and say that certain machines probably didn't sew better than others...they were just more expensive for the name.
Well, I have since changed my tune! I am only stating this as my opinion only...and we all know the saying about THAT!..:D
I really believe some people and some machines just "click" and others don't...in my case I "clicked" with my 7700...and also my Juki HZL-400.
My lil granddaughter who just turned 4 loves to sit on my lap and push the start and stop button when I am sewing (I usually use the foot pedal, but for her, well...all you grandparents and parents know what I am sayin...). We also hand "sew" with lacing cards, after buying a few, I have found several free ideas to make your own on the net. So, it won't be long before you will have your lil daughter helping you and learning to love quilting/sewing, too..Have fun!
K

Akweiland 09-20-2013 12:35 PM

Congratulations on the family member! :)

busy fingers 09-20-2013 01:06 PM

Enjoy getting to know your new machine. It sounds like you made the right choice.

Sheri.a 09-20-2013 04:17 PM

Congratulations!!! I hope you will join the Yahoo group for your machine (and also the 6600 & 7700) -http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Janome6500/ . There is a wealth of knowledge and a great group of experienced seamstress that are wonderful.

When I got my 7700, I learned so much.

lclang 09-21-2013 04:16 AM

If you can manage the time, please take the free classes. They are really helpful with the new machines!

cjaneky 09-21-2013 04:17 AM

Several months ago I purchased a Janome 7700, i am in love with it...hope you are as happy with your new Janome as I am with mine....

Kris P 09-21-2013 04:22 AM

Congrats on your new purchase. I've had my 6600 for a year and a half and just love it. I took the classes, and am glad I did. You'll learn to use all the feet for your machine... or at least see what they can do. I chose to work with my machine for a month or two, then go in for a class. This way, I could get comfortable with it, and wasn't overwhelmed with all the information. I've found the owners manual very helpful and make notes right on the pages.
I agree the previous poster, wait to get the other bobbin case until you've used your machine for fmq. I do extensive fmq quite well with the original case. Enjoy your machine. You're going to love it!

maviskw 09-21-2013 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by lfletcher (Post 6304223)
I bought the free motion bobbin case and really haven't used it so you might want to wait on this until you decide if you really need. Have fun!

I've heard of using a different bobbin case if you're doing bobbin work, like using ribbon or yarn in the bobbin (sometimes we're really afraid of changing that little screw on the bobbin case), but I've never heard of needing a different bobbin case for FMQ. Could someone explain why I might need this?

Grannyh67 09-21-2013 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by maviskw (Post 6305849)
I've heard of using a different bobbin case if you're doing bobbin work, like using ribbon or yarn in the bobbin (sometimes we're really afraid of changing that little screw on the bobbin case), but I've never heard of needing a different bobbin case for FMQ. Could someone explain why I might need this?

The bobbin with the blue dot is supposed to be the right tension fro FMQ, I have it ans I think it does help. JMHO

grandme26 09-21-2013 06:07 AM

Congratulations! In Feb I bought the Janome 8900 and already had the Janome 350e. I love both machines and both are so quiet and easy to learn. You will be very happy with your new machine. I look foreward to usng both every day.