Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New quilter in the Family (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-quilter-family-t50868.html)

cjomomma 06-22-2010 03:04 PM

Oh Rhonds that is so sweet. She is a cutie. Here is to hoping she gets hooked.

sharon b 06-22-2010 04:29 PM

The memories you are creating are priceless :lol: Show us no matter how it comes out.. tell her we are proud of her :thumbup:

annette1952 06-22-2010 04:40 PM

Your GD is adorable. The pic of her sewing is definetly priceless. Let her know that all of us are waiting to see a pic of her first project

zz-pd 06-22-2010 10:44 PM

that is just wonderful, and what a cutie. God bless. Penny

ProudGranny5 06-23-2010 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Oh Rhonds that is so sweet. She is a cutie. Here is to hoping she gets hooked.

IF she does get hooked, we will have to rob her piggy bank... LOL. Nah I wouldn't do that. I have had a few wonderful & sharing quilters here send me 'pink' material & for that I am greatly thankful.
I only hope that at least one of my son's daughters gets hooked on it as well.

ProudGranny5 06-23-2010 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
The memories you are creating are priceless :lol: Show us no matter how it comes out.. tell her we are proud of her :thumbup:

I will do that for sure. Just have to figure out 'how' to post it tonight, if she finishes it. She told me this morning before going back to sleep that she wanted to try the 'big' sewing machine :) Opps think maybe I have gotten something started?

ProudGranny5 06-23-2010 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by annette1952
Your GD is adorable. The pic of her sewing is definetly priceless. Let her know that all of us are waiting to see a pic of her first project

Thanks Annette I told her last night on the phone that I put her pics on QB for all to see. She is so excited, now I wish I would have used regular fabric, BUT if she can sew felt... I think she can sew anything. :)

CarrieAnne 06-23-2010 04:31 AM

Aw, that picture is adorable! Youcan tell she is loving every minute of it!

sahm4605 06-23-2010 04:41 AM

ohhhhhhh that is soooo awesome!!! she will be grateful to you for life now. well maybe not her wallet or future hubby. hehe

nwm50 06-23-2010 04:41 AM

Maria had a great teacher to show her the steps & all first.
You can tell how happy she is in that pic and her machine is adorable! Just the other day i brought my GD a singer toy that really sew from the goodwill for $2.00. I gave her square scraps & we're supposed to try it today, she just turned 7 and my other Gd is 9 and i found a Singer in a case for $20 from another thrift store, clean it up ..looks like an 70-80 model. They both made straight a's so i promised each 1 thing that they wanted. That is what they wanted! So proudgranny5, i know you'r happy & proud that 1 of your GD is taking up this
craft & following your footstep.