Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New from Robert Kaufman - Dr. Suess (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-robert-kaufman-dr-suess-t48830.html)

Yarn or Fabric 06-08-2010 02:10 PM

It's about time we got some Seuss fabric!
I will hunt it down - and make some stuff with it. I adore Seuss - and we will probably go to Universal Studios again next year so I'll make sure I make everyone an appliqued shirt - the hat made with those materials. I can already see it in my head! Yay!

I'm marking my calendar to look for it in September!

Yarn or Fabric 06-08-2010 02:10 PM

It's about time we got some Seuss fabric!
I will hunt it down - and make some stuff with it. I adore Seuss - and we will probably go to Universal Studios again next year so I'll make sure I make everyone an appliqued shirt - the hat made with those materials. I can already see it in my head! Yay!

I'm marking my calendar to look for it in September!

justwannaquilt 06-08-2010 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
Well that is one fabric line I will HAVE to buy. Can't you imagine a graduation gift of the book, "Oh the places you'll go" along with a quilt! My son will be awarded his master's degree soon and he's one who would love it! And there is DD who gets her teaching degree in August... oh the joy in my 'ittle heart right now!

I love your idea, and this would be awesome for someone who has a child, grandchild, or friend that is graduating kindergarten also!

Janetlmt 06-08-2010 02:37 PM

I think I might have to get that fabric, my granddaughters favoirte book is One fish, two fish.

sunflower126 06-08-2010 03:15 PM

Well I'm going to have to make a quilt for my SIL. My daughter made him a Cat In The Hat costume several years ago for Halloween. He can tell the book word for word. On Dr. Suess's birthday he goes to the school and does a program for the younger kids. They love it and of course are young enough to think he is the cat in the hat. What fun he has.

athenagwis 06-09-2010 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Apparently these were a HOT item at Quilt Market! I just got the (unhappy) word from Robert Kaufman that their first printing, due in early September, is already oversold, so they will be reprinting and they don't have an ETA for that yet.

So... if you want to get these fabrics as early as possible, you should look around now to find a place that's advertising September availability. And hope that the store you've found is not already oversold themselves!

I won't be able to get mine until the second printing, which I'm guessing will be in November. :-(

So they won't even let you order for the second printing now? Bummer! :(

Rachel

watterstide 06-10-2010 02:28 AM

I just love it! I saved all my DD'd Suess books from when she was little, she has now passed them on to her son who is gonna be 3 !

i also have alot of the sesame books from the 70's.

You my dear, are an enabler! :thumbup:

Favorite Fabrics 06-10-2010 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis

Apparently these were a HOT item at Quilt Market! I just got the (unhappy) word from Robert Kaufman that their first printing, due in early September, is already oversold, so they will be reprinting and they don't have an ETA for that yet.

So... if you want to get these fabrics as early as possible, you should look around now to find a place that's advertising September availability. And hope that the store you've found is not already oversold themselves!

I won't be able to get mine until the second printing, which I'm guessing will be in November. :-(

So they won't even let you order for the second printing now? Bummer! :(

Rachel

I did place my order, but it won't be filled until the second printing, and they did not have an ETA yet. I'll call Kaufman next week to talk to their buyer, the person who places the orders with the overseas mills. By then, she should have an actual date that they expect the fabric to be arriving, printed, at their warehouse.

I'm assuming that since this was such a hot seller at Quilt Market, they put in their order for reprinting very promptly. Serves me right for not going to Market this time, huh? If I would have gone, I would'a ordered at Market, and would have been in on the first printing! (sigh)

athenagwis 06-10-2010 03:32 AM

I did place my order, but it won't be filled until the second printing, and they did not have an ETA yet. I'll call Kaufman next week to talk to their buyer, the person who places the orders with the overseas mills. By then, she should have an actual date that they expect the fabric to be arriving, printed, at their warehouse.

I'm assuming that since this was such a hot seller at Quilt Market, they put in their order for reprinting very promptly. Serves me right for not going to Market this time, huh? If I would have gone, I would'a ordered at Market, and would have been in on the first printing! (sigh)

Awww .... well do you know what you are going to sell them for anyway?

Rachel

CarrieAnne 06-10-2010 03:35 AM

Aw, itis cute...great for charity quilts!