Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New sewing machine - so excited! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-sewing-machine-so-excited-t299747.html)

RJLinkletter 09-23-2018 09:41 AM

New sewing machine - so excited!

My brother sewing machine has seized up again and I am fed up with it so I have returned it as it still under warranty. It has put me off all Brother machines now...

My husband helped persuade me to upgrade so I have just purchased the Janome Atelier 5 (I think it is called the skyline in USA). It should arrive on Tuesday - I am so excited. It has more features (very excited about the auto-thread cutter), comes with an extra quilting pack (so all the feet I would need) and a bigger throat area than my current machine.

I cannot wait until the weekend when I will be able to play with it properly.

Onebyone 09-23-2018 09:45 AM

I love the auto thread cutter. It saves so much thread. A new machine is exciting! I hope you enjoy it for many years. I have had my smaller Janome for many years and have never had a problem with it.

Jordan 09-23-2018 09:49 AM

I have a Janome and absolutely love it. I especially love the auto thread cutter. Congratulations and have a great time with your new toy.

zozee 09-23-2018 09:58 AM

You're going to love it!! That was the model that convinced me to upgrade from my smaller Janome. I had 3 "must-haves" on my list: auto thread cutter, large throat, and some alphabet stitches. Got all those plus a whole lot more. I actually got the Janome 8200 (a rebox) for less than the Skyline was going for, so I snatched it up.

It does FMQ like a dream, and is remarkably quiet and smooth. I know you'll enjoy it. And as far a hubby persuading you to upgrade....he's a keeper!!!

Austinite 09-23-2018 10:32 AM

I am so addicted to my auto thread cutter, I don't know how I ever lived it without it, enjoy your new toy!!

Tartan 09-23-2018 11:12 AM

​Congratulations!

Ariannaquilts 09-23-2018 11:23 AM

Congratulations, so sorry you had problems with your Brother machine I still use my brother machines on occasion. I actually gifted a neighbors grand daughter my Janome a few years ago not because there was anything wrong with it but because I just had to many machines.

RJLinkletter 09-23-2018 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 8131841)
You're going to love it!! That was the model that convinced me to upgrade from my smaller Janome. I had 3 "must-haves" on my list: auto thread cutter, large throat, and some alphabet stitches. Got all those plus a whole lot more. I actually got the Janome 8200 (a rebox) for less than the Skyline was going for, so I snatched it up.

It does FMQ like a dream, and is remarkably quiet and smooth. I know you'll enjoy it. And as far a hubby persuading you to upgrade....he's a keeper!!!

Thanks for this zozee - makes me feel a bit better as well. It is such a big decision and how do you know if you have made the right one?!

I am very lucky with hubby I know :) He is contributing towards the cost of it as an early Xmas prezzie so even better.

Sewing Cynthia 09-23-2018 04:24 PM

Congrats! I love my Janome as well. Thread cutter and needle down button are the best! Enjoy!

Paperpgma 09-23-2018 07:41 PM

Congratulations! You will love this machine, enjoy :)