Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New sewing machine - so excited!

New sewing machine - so excited!

My brother sewing machine has seized up again and I am fed up with it so I have returned it as it still under warranty. It has put me off all Brother machines now...

My husband helped persuade me to upgrade so I have just purchased the Janome Atelier 5 (I think it is called the skyline in USA). It should arrive on Tuesday - I am so excited. It has more features (very excited about the auto-thread cutter), comes with an extra quilting pack (so all the feet I would need) and a bigger throat area than my current machine.

I cannot wait until the weekend when I will be able to play with it properly.

I love the auto thread cutter. It saves so much thread. A new machine is exciting! I hope you enjoy it for many years. I have had my smaller Janome for many years and have never had a problem with it.
    Last edited by Onebyone; 09-23-2018 at 09:47 AM.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I have a Janome and absolutely love it. I especially love the auto thread cutter. Congratulations and have a great time with your new toy.

You're going to love it!! That was the model that convinced me to upgrade from my smaller Janome. I had 3 "must-haves" on my list: auto thread cutter, large throat, and some alphabet stitches. Got all those plus a whole lot more. I actually got the Janome 8200 (a rebox) for less than the Skyline was going for, so I snatched it up.

It does FMQ like a dream, and is remarkably quiet and smooth. I know you'll enjoy it. And as far a hubby persuading you to upgrade....he's a keeper!!!

I am so addicted to my auto thread cutter, I don't know how I ever lived it without it, enjoy your new toy!!

Power Poster
    ​Congratulations!

Congratulations, so sorry you had problems with your Brother machine I still use my brother machines on occasion. I actually gifted a neighbors grand daughter my Janome a few years ago not because there was anything wrong with it but because I just had to many machines.
    Maria
    Always be true to yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by zozee View Post
    You're going to love it!! That was the model that convinced me to upgrade from my smaller Janome. I had 3 "must-haves" on my list: auto thread cutter, large throat, and some alphabet stitches. Got all those plus a whole lot more. I actually got the Janome 8200 (a rebox) for less than the Skyline was going for, so I snatched it up.

It does FMQ like a dream, and is remarkably quiet and smooth. I know you'll enjoy it. And as far a hubby persuading you to upgrade....he's a keeper!!!
    Thanks for this zozee - makes me feel a bit better as well. It is such a big decision and how do you know if you have made the right one?!

I am very lucky with hubby I know He is contributing towards the cost of it as an early Xmas prezzie so even better.

Congrats! I love my Janome as well. Thread cutter and needle down button are the best! Enjoy!

Congratulations! You will love this machine, enjoy

I have three Janome machines....don't think I would ever purchase any other brand. I love my Janome's!!

I love my Janome 7700 Horizon. I also love my Brother embroidery machine.

Guess I am an odd ball, but I never use my thread cutter. Love my Viking Sapphire and other gadgets, but the thread cutter doesn't excite me.

How exciting for you! And you have a sweet husband
    I love having a thread cutter too!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your new machine...you will love the little extras. Enjoy!
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

I love my Janome Professional 6600. It does everything I want. If I would want any other option, it would be a warning signal when the bobbin is running low. Not a necessity for sure. Enjoy your machine.
    Last edited by Karamarie; 09-24-2018 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Typo

Congrats, you will love the Janome! Thread cutter and needle up and down are the two functions I can't live without!
    Some people know how to put a blessing into any situation!

Thanks! I have only ever sewn with a machine that has needle up/down function - I can’t imagine sewing without. But I think the thread cutter will be amazing...