Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New twister patterns are out............. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-twister-patterns-out-t182090.html)

nstitches4u 03-10-2012 12:57 PM

Thanks for the info. I love the Easter Cross pattern. No time to make it for this Easter, but next year for sure.

jatquilter 03-11-2012 11:54 AM

Hi, I saw your message and wanted to let you know about the shipping charges you mentioned. Quilt 'n Sew ships almost all their products by USPS Priority mail. The smallest Priority Mail envelope is $5.15. Hope this helps.

Handcraftsbyjen 03-11-2012 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by jatquilter (Post 5050774)
Hi, I saw your message and wanted to let you know about the shipping charges you mentioned. Quilt 'n Sew ships almost all their products by USPS Priority mail. The smallest Priority Mail envelope is $5.15. Hope this helps.

Still, that's more than 50% of the cost of the pattern. It would be nice if they offered regular postage to people if they aren't in a hurry to get it.

nativetexan 03-11-2012 03:49 PM

Katy is near Houston and $5.00 isn't too bad. I paid $10.00 for $4.95 bag worth of plastic clips to hold up my cable t.v. cable around the house. asked for a discount but didn't get one. i only made the owner angry. luckily i don't need more from him.

onaemtnest 03-30-2013 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen (Post 5051320)
Still, that's more than 50% of the cost of the pattern. It would be nice if they offered regular postage to people if they aren't in a hurry to get it.

Well thank goodness you don't charge that much to send your wonderful twister patterns Jen!!!! (((Hugs)))

I too would love to make the Easter Cross Twister Quilt but how difficult is it to purchase a stack of manila envelopes and to send a 2 ounce pattern WITH deliver confirmation for under $3 at most, including the cost of envelope?

I will not subsidize a online shop profits, with over inflated shipping charges. This is the second time this month I was ready to purchase a pattern and the online merchant was using a flat rate shipping charge, it penalizes the small purchases, IMHO. I know, I know I don't have to buy.....

Nammie to 7 03-30-2013 08:36 PM

I know some shipping charges seem unreasonable but you have to think of the time involved with packaging, probably going to the post office, etc.

Handcraftsbyjen 03-31-2013 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest (Post 5966167)

Well thank goodness you don't charge that much to send your wonderful twister patterns Jen!!!! (((Hugs)))

I too would love to make the Easter Cross Twister Quilt but how difficult is it to purchase a stack of manila envelopes and to send a 2 ounce pattern WITH deliver confirmation for under $3 at most, including the cost of envelope?

I will not subsidize a online shop profits, with over inflated shipping charges. This is the second time this month I was ready to purchase a pattern and the online merchant was using a flat rate shipping charge, it penalizes the small purchases, IMHO. I know, I know I don't have to buy.....

Thanks, Onalee!