Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New twister patterns are out.............

New twister patterns are out.............

Was at a LQS the other day in NE and they had 2 sample quilts made up and laying on a table in the back. new twister patterns by Marths D. Zines, so I bought the new one "Easter Cross" pattern. They had one for Nebraska Cornhuskers fans too, thought about it, might have to go back and get it. They were using the 5 inch twister template, so i checked out her website, didn't see the NE Cornhusker pattern but she had others on there. Check it out. As fast as I don't move, will probably be for next Easter when I get it done.
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work.

Blog Entries
    thanks for letting us know. i'd like to see your cornhusker one.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    thanks for letting us know. i'd like to see your cornhusker one.

Didn't buy that one and should have Only 65 miles back to LQS.

Blog Entries
    Can you please post the name of the shop I have several Ne fans in my family would love to have that pattern

Quote Originally Posted by ppquilter View Post
    Didn't buy that one and should have Only 65 miles back to LQS.
    Do you mean to say they wouldn's sell you one with your credit card and mail it to you?
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Martha's patterns are available at the Quilt n Sew Studio in TX. They have an online store you can purchase them from.

I was @Prairie Pines Quilt Shop in Gering, NE. It was a big "N" with an ear of corn in the middle. Didn't really look at the pattern, saw a quilt made up in back rm of it. Caught my eye though

Quote Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen View Post
    Martha's patterns are available at the Quilt n Sew Studio in TX. They have an online store you can purchase them from.
    Texas is a BIG state...where in Texas is the shop?
    Those who are piecemakers will sew seeds.

Hugs,
    Drue

When I googled it it looks like it is in Katy or near Katy TX. Wish her shipping charges weren't so much. I want one pattern and the shipping was $5.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Drue View Post
    Texas is a BIG state...where in Texas is the shop?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkberrykay View Post
    When I googled it it looks like it is in Katy or near Katy TX. Wish her shipping charges weren't so much. I want one pattern and the shipping was $5.00.
    Thanks for posting the city, I forgot. Ouch! $5 is a lot for shipping. I might try calling the shop to see if they would ship one for less.

Here is a link to her patterns from a store in Texas. She has some really cute designs!

http://www.quiltnsew.com/shop/New-Products.htm
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/kittenquilt

Since I didn't see Ne Cornhusker one online maybe someone else made that pattern? So I got out graph paper and made one. I don't know how close it is to the quilt I saw but I think I'll maybe try it soon. I was thinking maybe black bkgrd for the husker Blk shirts

So i have scanned the pattern I drew up on graph paper and here it is. Don't know how close it is to the one i saw since I didn't see that one online? Should have pd more attention but i bought the easter cross pattern, thinking about greys for the cross with sunlight backgrd. Grandma's fav song was the "Old wooden Cross"
    Attached Images Attached Images

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Love the Twister, you can get so creative with them using graph paper to make up your own designs

Quote Originally Posted by ppquilter View Post
    Since I didn't see Ne Cornhusker one online maybe someone else made that pattern? So I got out graph paper and made one. I don't know how close it is to the quilt I saw but I think I'll maybe try it soon. I was thinking maybe black bkgrd for the husker Blk shirts
    Looks good! You may want to do a double row of the part that makes the N so that it stands out more....just a thought.

Looks good! You may want to do a double row of the part that makes the N so that it stands out more....just a thought.
    I LOVE that idea, will make it a BOLD "N" and i love reds so the more the merrier.

Blog Entries
    I have the template but haven't done anything yet. The Easter pattern sounds great. Thanks for the update.
    Quilting in the Desert

I love the cross pattern. I may have to contact them. I also love your cornhusker pattern. I know several people that would like that one.

I have the templates, but have never used them. Looked at a utube after reading the new pattern post and now I am curious.......if one wanted to make a bed size quilt......could you just sew say, 30 sqs without border, cut and then sew more, cut.....okay since I have written this down, I think I know my own answer...you need border so your finished top will have border, right??!! Now I am going to go to my sewing cave, like a mancave only much more fun, and use my die cutter, cut 30 squares and see what happens........maybe this is what I need to get out of the "funk" I seem to be in...something new to think about!!!!! thanks all.......

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    I have the templates, but have never used them. Looked at a utube after reading the new pattern post and now I am curious.......if one wanted to make a bed size quilt......could you just sew say, 30 sqs without border, cut and then sew more, cut.....okay since I have written this down, I think I know my own answer...you need border so your finished top will have border, right??!! Now I am going to go to my sewing cave, like a mancave only much more fun, and use my die cutter, cut 30 squares and see what happens........maybe this is what I need to get out of the "funk" I seem to be in...something new to think about!!!!! thanks all.......
    You need to add the borders before you start cutting or you won't have complete pinwheels on the edges. Your first cut is placed on the border/first square.

Thanks for the info. I love the Easter Cross pattern. No time to make it for this Easter, but next year for sure.

Hi, I saw your message and wanted to let you know about the shipping charges you mentioned. Quilt 'n Sew ships almost all their products by USPS Priority mail. The smallest Priority Mail envelope is $5.15. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jatquilter View Post
    Hi, I saw your message and wanted to let you know about the shipping charges you mentioned. Quilt 'n Sew ships almost all their products by USPS Priority mail. The smallest Priority Mail envelope is $5.15. Hope this helps.
    Still, that's more than 50% of the cost of the pattern. It would be nice if they offered regular postage to people if they aren't in a hurry to get it.

Blog Entries
    Katy is near Houston and $5.00 isn't too bad. I paid $10.00 for $4.95 bag worth of plastic clips to hold up my cable t.v. cable around the house. asked for a discount but didn't get one. i only made the owner angry. luckily i don't need more from him.

Still, that's more than 50% of the cost of the pattern. It would be nice if they offered regular postage to people if they aren't in a hurry to get it.

Well thank goodness you don't charge that much to send your wonderful twister patterns Jen!!!! (((Hugs)))

I too would love to make the Easter Cross Twister Quilt but how difficult is it to purchase a stack of manila envelopes and to send a 2 ounce pattern WITH deliver confirmation for under $3 at most, including the cost of envelope?

I will not subsidize a online shop profits, with over inflated shipping charges. This is the second time this month I was ready to purchase a pattern and the online merchant was using a flat rate shipping charge, it penalizes the small purchases, IMHO. I know, I know I don't have to buy.....
    Last edited by onaemtnest; 03-30-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

"What if you woke up today with only the things you had thanked God for yesterday?" ~ Michael Hyatt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast