Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New twister patterns are out............. >

New twister patterns are out.............

New twister patterns are out.............

Old 03-09-2012, 06:03 AM

Here is a link to her patterns from a store in Texas. She has some really cute designs!

http://www.quiltnsew.com/shop/New-Products.htm
Old 03-09-2012, 01:01 PM

Since I didn't see Ne Cornhusker one online maybe someone else made that pattern? So I got out graph paper and made one. I don't know how close it is to the quilt I saw but I think I'll maybe try it soon. I was thinking maybe black bkgrd for the husker Blk shirts
Old 03-09-2012, 01:16 PM

So i have scanned the pattern I drew up on graph paper and here it is. Don't know how close it is to the one i saw since I didn't see that one online? Should have pd more attention but i bought the easter cross pattern, thinking about greys for the cross with sunlight backgrd. Grandma's fav song was the "Old wooden Cross"
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ne Twister pattern.pdf (138.7 KB, 463 views)
Old 03-09-2012, 01:21 PM
BMP

Love the Twister, you can get so creative with them using graph paper to make up your own designs
Old 03-09-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by ppquilter View Post
Since I didn't see Ne Cornhusker one online maybe someone else made that pattern? So I got out graph paper and made one. I don't know how close it is to the quilt I saw but I think I'll maybe try it soon. I was thinking maybe black bkgrd for the husker Blk shirts
Looks good! You may want to do a double row of the part that makes the N so that it stands out more....just a thought.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen View Post
Looks good! You may want to do a double row of the part that makes the N so that it stands out more....just a thought.
I LOVE that idea, will make it a BOLD "N" and i love reds so the more the merrier.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:28 PM

I have the template but haven't done anything yet. The Easter pattern sounds great. Thanks for the update.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:36 AM

I love the cross pattern. I may have to contact them. I also love your cornhusker pattern. I know several people that would like that one.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:19 AM

I have the templates, but have never used them. Looked at a utube after reading the new pattern post and now I am curious.......if one wanted to make a bed size quilt......could you just sew say, 30 sqs without border, cut and then sew more, cut.....okay since I have written this down, I think I know my own answer...you need border so your finished top will have border, right??!! Now I am going to go to my sewing cave, like a mancave only much more fun, and use my die cutter, cut 30 squares and see what happens........maybe this is what I need to get out of the "funk" I seem to be in...something new to think about!!!!! thanks all.......
Old 03-10-2012, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I have the templates, but have never used them. Looked at a utube after reading the new pattern post and now I am curious.......if one wanted to make a bed size quilt......could you just sew say, 30 sqs without border, cut and then sew more, cut.....okay since I have written this down, I think I know my own answer...you need border so your finished top will have border, right??!! Now I am going to go to my sewing cave, like a mancave only much more fun, and use my die cutter, cut 30 squares and see what happens........maybe this is what I need to get out of the "funk" I seem to be in...something new to think about!!!!! thanks all.......
You need to add the borders before you start cutting or you won't have complete pinwheels on the edges. Your first cut is placed on the border/first square.