Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New type of quilt for me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-type-quilt-me-t261338.html)

qltgrose 02-16-2015 03:59 PM

I always tend to pick my quilts apart as a I am working on them, rethinking the colors, layout, etc. But I agree with the other girls, once you get it finished, with the added dimension of the quilting and binding/borders etc. You will like it better.I would keep the border/s on the simple side and let the blocks do the talking~ I cant wait to see it finished. How much more do you have to do?

susie-susie-susie 02-16-2015 04:52 PM

I am a fan of traditional quilts also, but your quilt is awesome. I think a lot of quilters will love it. Keep going and show us the finished product. The colors are beautiful by the way.
Sue

judy363905 02-16-2015 05:28 PM

I do really like several of the blocks, not sure if I like them all together. I do appreciate all the work that went into the quilts I saw, just not my cup of tea (I am wondering is the pattern really $50.00)

Judy in Phx, AZ

0tis 02-16-2015 05:56 PM

I love that sampler quilt - I have seen it all over the internet - but it has some blocks that are a little out of my comfort zone. I hope you enjoy putting it together.

letawellman 02-17-2015 04:20 AM

Personally, I think that this pattern would benefit from having some sashing between the blocks. Your piecing is fantastic, though - wonderful job there. And the applique block is just beautiful - I'm always envious of other people's applique work, as I completely bomb that.
So, yes, I agree with you, the pattern (as is) is too busy. However, I think that with some very narrow sashing, and some Civil War repro fabrics, this would be outstanding.
Just my opinion, and you DID ask for it, right?
Still, I'd love to see the finished quilt once you're done. Again, great job on the piecing and applique!!

Moonglow 02-17-2015 04:27 AM

I think it is too early to comment on it. Hope you post a picture of it when it's completed.

mengler 02-17-2015 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north (Post 7092410)
Okay, I'm a traditional quilter. This is just a section of a quilt I'm making for my LQS as a sample for their shop. I'm still not so sure I like it. It's so busy and there are so many different blocks.... 23 in total. Again, this is just a section. Is it too busy for you, too?

The name of the quilt is Green Tea and Sweet Beans by Jen Kingwell, an Austrialian designer and I need to get it done so I can get back to my Little Brown Bird quilt.

Love it!! Sometimes you have to step outside your comfort zone.

coopah 02-17-2015 05:28 AM

It IS busy, but I think when you get the whole thing assembled, it will look fine and you'll love it!

shy 02-17-2015 05:36 AM

Interesting..but too much for me..but I am sure it will appeal to many...

sinceresissy 02-17-2015 05:39 AM

I love it just the way it is. It is so interesting to look at. Lots of movement and I like it.