Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Year Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-year-mystery-quilt-t170717.html)

sharon b 12-31-2011 07:00 PM

Quossum- I love your sense of humor ! And the fabrics are wonderful - I agree it does feel good to get the cutter going again :) I still have some cutting to go and then sewing the strips together that are suppose to be done already - THEN - I have to pack everything up as I am doing this at my Moms tomorrow with Mom and Sis , Good thing I have Dick Clark to keep me company tonight :rolleyes:

Luvluvluv2quilt 12-31-2011 08:10 PM

I'm doing it, too! First time to do a mystery quilt. I thought I had everything ready until I read everyone's posts....now I think i need to cut more strips. I'm using Amy Butler Love design that I really like. I only have eight different fabrics plus the light and medium solids so think I will check my stash and see what else will go with it. I'm fairly new here so haven't figured out how to post a picture. Happy New Year!

sharon b 12-31-2011 08:28 PM

I have mine all pressed and cut- now to sew the long strips together, pack up the machine and wait for the ball to drop

quilt addict 12-31-2011 09:46 PM

I got my fabric selected and cut today. Also, cleared the junk that had piled up on the sewing machine. So I am ready to go. I didn't have any really calm tone on tone so i hope that my fabrics work out. Just from my outragously random collection in my stash.

So I think I will get to bed shortly so I am fresh in the morning.

SunlitenSmiles 12-31-2011 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Fabriclovr (Post 4828675)
Did the cuttin, sewing, pressing. Changed the needle in the machine and wound a fresh bobbin. Put water in the iron and have a fresh can of spray starch.. Here are my fabrics. I just pulled one of every color of moda marble I had in the drawer, we shall see what that looks like. May look totally scrappy, we shall see in just a few hours. I would like to keep the pictures in this thread, no need to open another one and have to switch back and forth to see what we are doing. JMHO

[ATTACH=CONFIG]299263[/ATTACH]

LOL your white is the very same as mine....the remainder of mine are moda "sauntuary"

SunlitenSmiles 12-31-2011 10:30 PM

'nite all 'see' you in the morning. ....new needle in the machine is a great idea, thanks for mentioning that !!!

Quantum Leap 12-31-2011 10:46 PM

Thinking of joining in as well will do some searching to see if I have a couple of Jelly Rolls suitable I will be a bit behind as Im an Aussie so will be sleeping when it starts but as someone already stated not a race ( so much for not starting anything new ROFL )

Xtgirl 12-31-2011 11:03 PM

Well I just finished cutting at 2 am. I didn't sew and I didn't get to wash as I picked a batik jelly roll so I may be in trouble. I prly shouldn't have cut so late because I made a cutting error with my light fabric. Luckily I bought extra. I picked a creme for light and light purple for the medium and a purple Bali pop roll. I was grateful for my sizzix cutting system as my rotary cutting is not that awesome. I'll post a pic of my fabrics tomorrow:) see everyone at 10:)

cosmosrose 01-01-2012 12:53 AM

Last year I followed the Planet Patchwork mystery quilt and really enjoyed it. This year the chat will be at their web site
I may start the project tomorrow. Haven't picked out fabric, yet.

happylab 01-01-2012 05:50 AM

I would love to work on this project, What time does it start in central standard time?