Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-years-weekend-virtual-quilting-t293624.html)

NZquilter 12-29-2017 12:53 PM

I told my DH that all I want to do this weekend is sew :). He wants to play video games, so we will be simply relaxing in our ways. I'll be working on the Bonnie Hunter MQ.

Cathy, so nice that you have some of your mom's ufos. I love the old style quilts and hers is lovely. It just goes to show that we don't need to finish all our projects:D. Guilt complex ereased!

charlottemarie 12-29-2017 01:00 PM

Thanks for the link. That will make a pretty quilt.

Jingle 12-29-2017 01:24 PM

I am working on my third quilt for foster kids. First of Dec. we had to turn them in, I made 36 or 37 quilts for 2017.

Dedemac 12-29-2017 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586207[/ATTACH]
I'm in, but not sure about posting much. At the cabin in Wisconsin, and only have kindle fire with. Working on a table runner for DH'S cousin. Will check in when possible everyone have a safe weekend and happy New Year.

barny 12-29-2017 02:12 PM

Wow! Jingle, that is a wonderful thing you are doing.

beckyw 12-29-2017 02:30 PM

I cleaned my sewing room and my sewing machine this week. So I'm all ready to start all over with some projects, Made three quilts for Christmas. I have two birthdays in January and a baby coming for a friends daughter. So I need to get a baby quilt and two twin quilts done this next month. The weather here is really cold this weekend. So I will be working in my sewing room. Happy sewing everyone!

Raggiemom 12-29-2017 02:39 PM

Cathy, that is so cool that you have your mom's UFOs!

I hope all of you Bonnie Hunter mystery quilters are enjoying the mystery :)

I finished two Kids Komforts quilts today and have a Lone Star quilt almost quilted. I have a couple quilt backs to be pieced then I can quilt a couple more. My husband had me take a couple breaks today to make some chocolate fudge and a chicken n dumpling soup. He enjoyed both. So far it's a productive start to the weekend.

Cheesehead 12-29-2017 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by meyert (Post 7971637)
I started sewing on a double wedding ring this week.... and that's what I will be working on. So many little pieces :) I think if I can get the arcs - 416 of these :shock::shock: - done this weekend then I will start to feel like I am making headway (I hope anyway)

Would love to see pictures as you progress on this quilt. A double wedding ring is on my list of things to do.

Jan

QuiltingVagabond 12-29-2017 03:29 PM

I cut the triangles for clue 6 of that famous mystery quilt LOL! While babysitting at my son's home so no sewing today. I also want to work on our guild January block for swap and an orphan project for our guild boutique.

tscweaves 12-29-2017 03:41 PM

I will be working on today's clue for BH mystery. A friend is coming over tomorrow to play on my serger & treadle, so that will be fun. I also am hoping to get my guest room curtains made from the fabric I finished weaving today. Not too much actual quilting will be going on but a lot of sewing related activity. I also want to give my latest Singer 99k a spa treatment.