Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   News Flash!!! Day chats are going to try having a class together.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/news-flash-day-chats-going-try-having-class-together-t2764.html)

mimisharon 10-15-2007 04:24 PM

We think it will be fun, we'll have exercise running between chat and sewing machine AND we'll learn something.

Debbie (Luvmy2bts) is going to teach the first one. She's going to teach us to do a "flip and stitch" table runner. I'm so excited I can't stand the wait.

We talked about it in chat this morning and some of our regular chatters are upset that they are at work and can't participate. Soooo, give me a hint, how many would be here for a Saturday class? We could/can, but I don't want her to have to repeat repeat it, you know?

Just tell me ANY TIME or SATURDAY

Debbie will be along soon to post our requirements of fabric and batting. I know it was a picture fabric square......ok, I was GOING to write it down at the time, but we were chatting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope to hear from each of you. I'm going to post it on Chit Chat, too. Just vote in one place, k?

Happy Quilting,
Sharon

loves_2_quilt 10-16-2007 04:32 AM

I would be intrested in a Saturday class, but I am working this Saturday, October 20.

Thanks

DD

jbsstrawberry 10-16-2007 05:47 AM

Sounds like a great idea to me, I may not be able to sew along, but I can always take notes and try it later!!! You such smart cookies!!! Saturdays are usually family day here, but then you all are family too!!

amma 10-16-2007 07:00 AM

Please count me in! What an exciting idea :D I can do it anytime, my schedule is pretty flexible. I will look forward to the post of fabric requirements and class time(s). :D

Moonpi 10-16-2007 07:19 AM

A suggestion - Can a transcript of class be posted for anyone who misses it?

sewmuch 10-16-2007 07:40 AM

I'm in for the class, I am better in the morning, if that counts. Nancy :lol:

Diamonds 10-16-2007 07:44 AM

I also would love to participate... My schedule is a little different.. anytime after 10am my time would be great.. However if that is not good with the others I would understand..

luvmy2bts 10-16-2007 07:45 AM

Class fabric requirements:

one piece of fabric 17 or 18 inches by width of fabric for backing.

one piece of warm and natural or warm and white the same size.

one focus fabric that is 9 inches square. Could be any picture but has to be cut on point. So that it sits not square but it sits diamond shaped.

Strips of fabrics to coordinate with the middle square cut different widths anywhere from 1 1/2 inch up to 2 3/4 inch. You should have at least 6 or 7 different fabrics but more is good also. I used quite a few in mine. I think I used 20 different ones but have done them with less and that is fine too.

You also need a coordinating fabric for the binding. I would use a fabric that is also in your runner.

I prefer you use warm and natural cause we will be doing ironing on top of the batting and wouldn't want to have any melted messes.

I hope this is going to be fun and that we have many more classes like this.

Feel free to pm me or ask on the board if things are not clear to you.

Debbie

mimisharon 10-16-2007 08:01 AM

Funny you should ask, Moonpi, we are going to try to do a transcript with pictures. I so hope this will work.

I need to know where you are, Diamonds, to be sure we get your 'after 10'

I think this is going to be so much fun. I know it won't be the 20th, but we'll maybe think about doing it twice and doing it with a weekday and a Saturday to follow????

Sharon

Yvonne 10-16-2007 08:10 AM

This sounds like a lot of fun. I never know what my Saturdays are going to bring so I'm glad to hear you'll post a transcript for those of us to follow after the fact, so to speak. Hope I'm able to come play but time will tell!

Thanx to Debbie and Sharon for their organization of this fun activity.