Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Nightmare Before Christmas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/nightmare-before-christmas-t258591.html)

Siodach 12-24-2014 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell (Post 7019441)
The aura is beautiful. I'm curious, who might the person be who couldn't be at the wedding because they recently passed? I do believe, that is their signature :)

Wow, now you've got me thinking!

The only one on my side would be DD's grandad, (my dad) but 17 years is not recent. I'd have to ask the groom about his side.

There were a few guests who were missed out on the day, and half a dozen where the writer forgot to sign their hexie. There was one guy who did two, cos when he saw some of the drawings made by other guests, he wanted to do a drawing too.

One guest expected to be missing surprised everyone by flying in from New Zealand unannounced! So he's on there too.

I was really pleased with how interested the guests were in the whole project :-) .

What made ME curious was - where did the purple colour come from anyway, when the pens used were black and green..... And why only THAT block when the black pen especially was used on many of the other blocks.....

I might never look at that dino in the same way again lol

Cheers, K

Siodach 12-24-2014 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Carol Wilson (Post 7019376)
If you can't see it from the moon it doesn't matter, love the quilt.

Thats what I call "the Galloping Horse Principle" lol

Cheers, K

WisWis 12-24-2014 03:45 AM

Nobody receiving the quilt will notice-it is a beautiful quilt. Merry Christmas.

RosaSharon 12-24-2014 05:14 AM

I agree with everyone here. I think it looks just fine. The bleeding of colors just makes it richer and actually looks like you intended it to look like that. Don't mention it to the recipient, or they will always think you gave them a faulty quilt. You did a great job, and I know it was a lot of hard work.

SusanSusan33 12-24-2014 05:20 AM

What a beautiful design and a wonderful wedding memory quilt! I wouldn't worry about that one mean ol dinosaur too much... I know how hard we are on our own work!!

nena 12-24-2014 08:49 AM

Cute, he just has a little Barney DNA in him. lol The quilt is beautiful!

patsynel 12-24-2014 09:42 AM

It looks like it was made this way with shading to accent the dinosaur. I would use it as is. Beautiful quilt.

QultingaddictUK 12-25-2014 03:57 AM

I think you quilt is fantabulous and I love the dinosaur with the purple haze but another time when you wash a quilt try my tip, I do a wash in cold water with about 1/2 a cup of salt it sets any colours that were going to run, well it works for me.

Happy Hogmanay from a lost Scot in Wales :)

thread mess 12-26-2014 04:36 PM

The quilt is the quilt. The bleeding does not take anything away from the sentiments of you or your guests. The Bleed is a fact of life...This should be the worst that life has to offer them! Relax; share the "oh dear", and enjoy everyone's praises and love. It is a wonderful job well done​!

Sheilz 12-27-2014 04:51 PM

The quilt is fabulous and beautiful. And I love the dinoctopus - or is it Nessie?!?
(It's like Scots' corner on this thread!)