Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Nine Patch Project (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/nine-patch-project-t48819.html)

Swan Song 06-09-2010 09:15 AM

Ok Melinda posting pictures is not required but if you find your camera we will be expecting pictures. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/yes.gif

Swan Song 06-09-2010 09:16 AM

Robin there are links to disappearing 9 patch pictures and tutorial on page 4 of this thread.

debbieumphress 06-09-2010 09:46 AM

Rhonda. I make a regular 9 patch and then press. cut in in half horizontally and then vertically. then turn the pieces to form whatever shape you want the top to be

Pam 06-09-2010 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Pam
OK, I am in. My right hand is raised.

I, Pam the Procrastinator, do hereby pledge to do a nine patch for every day of the remainder of the Summer. I will faithfully check off each day as I make the block, some will be done ahead, some will be late, I am a realist. I vow to use scraps, NOT to cut into my stash! I will do my best to make them all different sizes to drive myself insane when it is time to put them together. Furthermore, I will use up those odd, not quite square half square triangles and other odd cuts. I will sew tiny pieces together to inspire others to say "What on Earth was she thinking"? I will fear no color, face yellow and purple and orange and turquoise and checks and stripes with a smile, or grimace, but I will sew them together. I will not quake in fear of the quilt police, for they live in me alone and I CAN have a glass of wine if I need to.

I moved this back here in case anyone else needs to raise a hand, LOL.

Melinda in Tulsa 06-09-2010 10:02 AM

Will a D9P count as a 9 patch in this *Sew Along*??

laurlync 06-09-2010 10:08 AM

Hi, all! I am sort of new here and new to quilting. I joined a while back and am addicted to this site! I have made two complete quilts and have machine quilted a third with a top I bought. I will properly introduce myself and include pictures of the quilts later, but...I would LOVE to join this project. I can work this in with my other projects and, if I make two 9-patches per day, I'll soon have enough for two quilts! And if I make three per day...LOL!

Count me in!

Swan Song 06-09-2010 10:20 AM

Melinda, you will be making the traditional 9 patch before you cut it and any 9 patch counts. There are no rules except 1 per day and use your stash as much as possible.

laurlync, I have added you.

JudyG 06-09-2010 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Pam

Originally Posted by Pam

I, Pam the Procrastinator, do hereby pledge to do a nine patch for every day of the remainder of the Summer. I will faithfully check off each day as I make the block, some will be done ahead, some will be late, I am a realist. I vow to use scraps, NOT to cut into my stash! I will do my best to make them all different sizes to drive myself insane when it is time to put them together. Furthermore, I will use up those odd, not quite square half square triangles and other odd cuts. I will sew tiny pieces together to inspire others to say "What on Earth was she thinking"? I will fear no color, face yellow and purple and orange and turquoise and checks and stripes with a smile, or grimace, but I will sew them together. I will not quake in fear of the quilt police, for they live in me alone and I CAN have a glass of wine if I need to.

I moved this back here in case anyone else needs to raise a hand, LOL.

I know I do.

craftybear 06-09-2010 10:41 AM

cute we need to take Pam's oath

Pam wrote:

CraftsByRobin 06-09-2010 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Swan Song
Robin there are links to disappearing 9 patch pictures and tutorial on page 4 of this thread.

Thank you I will check it out :)