Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   (Non-fabric) Gift for a Quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/non-fabric-gift-quilter-t40428.html)

Gal 03-24-2010 12:22 PM

I love good books and dream of some of those beautiful hard covered ones with lots of glossy pics and heaps of patterns inside!

Gal

jeanmezera 03-25-2010 02:42 AM

Maybe take her to eat at her favorite place, then present her with a gift certificate for whatever. I always enjoying going to eat. It sounds like she has everything already.
I have a friend like this, she has a box that has several cutters, scissors,ect. I go stay with her at their camper in the summer and we go out traveling most every day , watch the sunset, and sew at night. She just enjoys time with me.She says I am like an adopted daughter.
Jean

brushandthimble 03-25-2010 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by ctquilter
One of the most special gifts I've received was from my sister, it was a pair of applique scissors in a chatelaine. They are very special to me and I think of her whenever I use them.

I was going t suggest something along these lines. I love scisssors, can never have to many.

I also love to applique, I love to use Kinkame silk for appliqueing. Maybe a basket as someone mentioned, put in a new pair of embroideryscissors, (Dovo or Gingher), some neutral thread colors in silk?, pkg of applique needles, add in some chocolate, a new applique pattern.

lets us know what you decide, :)

Old Owl Gray 03-25-2010 06:09 AM

An American express gift card.....she could buy what she needs or wants.

bob1414 03-25-2010 07:15 AM

How about a great light? You can spend up to $200 on the good ones.

quiltmom04 03-25-2010 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltin'Lady
My cousin, who is also a quilter, wanted to thin out her stash recently (a mind-set I don't quite understand). She offered me first crack at three big boxes of fabric and quilt kits/patterns, and, yes, I took most of it. After getting it all home and washing it, I realized (almost with horror) that there must be close to 30 yards of big pieces, and maybe 50 FQs, fat eighths, and half-yards. Most of them were in coordinated sets. In one fell swoop, this incredible woman doubled the size of my stash.

I want to do/get something truly wonderful for her in return, but it must be non-fabric in nature. She has a new sewing machine and a pretty good quilting set-up, and prefers applique to traditional piecing.

I was thinking of getting her one of those rotating cutting boards that Omnigrid makes, but would welcome any other ideas.

Is there something -- relatively expensive -- that you lust after, but could never justify buying for yourself?

Thanks for the ideas!

I would LOVE the new Gingher rotary cutter and some replacement blades. I'd never pay that much for a rotary cutter, but it would be a great gift!

MadQuilter 03-25-2010 08:05 AM

Gift certificates are always nice. I believe most quilting sites offer them.

Nanjun 03-25-2010 08:23 AM

You aare a very lucky girl!!

newestnana 03-25-2010 09:38 AM

How about a light box (for tracing her appliques)?

Sunflower Girl 03-25-2010 11:57 AM

I think a goody basket with maybe replacement rotary blades, bobbins, thread(?), replacement needles, Jaws quilt clips, curved safety pins, leather thimble, the possibilities are endless, oh, I love my sidewinder, that would be good!