Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Obsessed with My New Accuquilt Go! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/obsessed-my-new-accuquilt-go-t186943.html)

nancia 04-27-2012 09:17 PM

quilterswarehouse.com usually has a special $347 for go and choice of a bunch of dies. usual cost $199 for starter pkg.
joann's has starter pkg for $349, but once or twice a year puts it on sale for $199.

so pleased you like it, krystyna! was going to ask, then saw this thread.:thumbup:

ScubaK 04-28-2012 12:41 AM

I'm loving mine!!!

carolaug 12-25-2012 07:10 PM

I agree....Love my Go and the Studio...I like it for the Tumblers, circles, strips, drunkards path - I just bought the wedding ring and the winding ways...can't wait to try those. I have a bunch of dies some I use all the time and others not so much now...but some day I am sure I will use them all. Totally worth the money..too me...

0tis 12-25-2012 07:17 PM

Sounds like you are having a great time - I am very interested in getting one also - but the cost of the dies is stopping me - I am glad you are having fun with yours - if you cut all your stash - you will have to buy more to replinish the stash.

Michellesews 12-25-2012 07:20 PM

I got mine for Christmas 3 Christmases ago, now, and I use it at least once a week. Yesterday I made the BOM for my quilt guild with it, only I made 5 blocks! When I first got it I was cutting too much fabric but now I have calmed down and cut what I need...I have added to my dies over the years and have what I need and use...it is a wonderful tool and I am still learning new things to do with it. Have fun!

Michellesews 12-25-2012 07:23 PM

When I purchased the tumbler die, I was skeptical about how much use it would get...it has turned out to be one of my most used and favorite dies! The Chisel is another.

SewMomma66 12-25-2012 07:39 PM

I have to agree. I absolutely love my AccuQuilt Go! My favorite is the strip cutter. It is perfect for making binding strips or borders. LOVE IT!

Xtgirl 12-25-2012 08:12 PM

Hi coaltownquilter,
I have RA. Some believe that it can be hereditary but it often skips a generation. My grandpa had it. Some ways to help you decide if you should see a doc to get tested...it often starts in the small joints..hands feet. It often is dual sided. I'd your left pinky hurts, your right pinky may too. There is a test called rf factor that helps with diagnosis but is not 100 percent accurate and the treatments are much better now and most people do well on meds. I personally have the sizzix cutter and I highly recommend any cutter for those with RA...

Originally Posted by CoalTownQuilter (Post 5166865)
This is just awesome to hear! I ordered mine yesterday and should have it tomorrow! My rotary cutting accuracy sometimes leaves much to be desired as I've been having some tenderness in my shoulder and elbow. This will be a big help. I'm wondering if it's possible that rheumatoid arthritis could be hereditary. My poor mother suffered terribly with this.

Krystyna 12-26-2012 06:22 AM

Sad to say, I lost most of my dies to Hurricane Sandy. Of course, I lost my whole house, too, so the dies are the least of it.