Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Obsession (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/obsession-t118855.html)

Pamela Artman 04-26-2011 05:30 AM

I admire people who work on a project until they finish it. My mom's that way. Wish I was!! I tend to get to the point where it gets tedious or tiresome and I put it away and start something new! If it's a small or quick project, I'll finish it, but if it's intricate, or time consuming, I tend to get bored with it. However, I do go back and pull it out later and work on it with renewed enthusiasm at some point! I'd hate to feel that I HAD to work on something I wasn't enjoying. For me, quilting is about pure enjoyment!!! But I do wish I had a LITTLE more of that obsession to finish what I start!

quiltingb1 04-26-2011 06:06 AM

That is gorgeous and worth all the time and effort you are putting into it. I have found that even though i want to see the completed project sometimes you just have to put it aside for awhile and work on something else. After a short break you can return to working on it with a new enjoyment. I am doing that with a GFG.

Peggyinno 04-26-2011 06:16 AM

Oh, wow, hand piecing all those triangles :shock: You are very BRAVE!!!!! Keep going, the quilt is going to be a beauty!!!

sharkee 04-26-2011 06:17 AM

What pattern is that?

Quiltbeagle 04-26-2011 06:48 AM

Just relax and enjoy the process between other projects or make it a take-along-in-the-car project. I got two hand appliqued quilt tops done that way while waiting at the school bus stop. Just keep a case in the car with everything you need and try not to get discouraged...it looks like it's going to be a lovely quilt!

LadyJrhi 04-26-2011 06:52 AM

Wow! You're hand piecing this? Beautiful! :). I tend to get obsessed with projects and want to see the finished project too. Now that I am finished with my first lone star I am itching to start the other 3 but am having the same problem I had with the first...I can't bring myself to make that first cut! *lol*
The advice about breathing and using music sounds good to me! I think I need to remember this is a hobby and supposed to be fun, too. :) Thanks for starting this thread.
Janet

dhanke 04-26-2011 06:56 AM

I understand what you mean about being obsessed with reaching the finish line. I've always been the same way, but recently I've been forcing myself to slow down, relax, and enjoy what I'm doing in the moment. I have a tendency to always be thinking ahead and I feel that it's taking away the pleasure of now. It seems to be working, but it's something that I have to make a conscious effort to do.
Your hand pieced project is beautiful, try to relax and enjoy the process.

EagarBeez 04-26-2011 07:24 AM

what a pretty pattern and blues, purples and gray, great combination. It sure does look like lots of work, but, the beauty that will come of it is worth it. Too beautiful to tuck it away somewhere

Stitchit123 04-26-2011 09:01 AM

Oh no after all that work how could you think such a thing Now this would be a real crime and something the Quilt Police should investigate!! Slow down-Take a deep breath-and enjoy the process no matter how long it takes It'll be done when its done and not a moment before

wattse2000 04-26-2011 01:24 PM

It is ocean waves. I got the pattern out of the Better Homes and Garden's Quilt Mag (I think) in their Antique Quilts issue.

Originally Posted by sharkee
What pattern is that?