Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OBW -- Help Wanted!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/obw-help-wanted-t119337.html)

QuiltE 04-28-2011 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by heather1949
What is the name of that material please ????

Here it is, as it is on the selvedge --
Peony Ancien by Ron Jebran for Print Concept, Inc. Patt #4986
(followed by 18 colour dots!)

QuiltE 04-28-2011 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by MZStitch
Are you using a book for the hexagon pattern? If so could you please clue me in on what it is, I think I just may want to give this a try myself!
Beautiful work, by the way.

Maxine Rosenthal is the designer and author of the book.
I'll get the full details later and post them for you.

QuiltE 04-28-2011 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
I love your fabric and your blocks, unfortunately I can't help, I've never done a OBW, one reason is working with hexagons, but I'm sure you'll get lots of help from others.

Do not fear the hexes ... you don't do Y seams. It's actually quite a relaxing pattern to do. IMHO The worse part is where I am now, in deciding where to put the hexes and where to have the colours placed.

frarose 04-28-2011 04:44 AM

It is beautiful. Love you fabric and the placement.

TonnieLoree 04-28-2011 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Thanks ... I wish that my camera was giving as nice of colours for the hexes as it did for the fabric photo. Same camera and the design wall is only about 8 ft from where the fabric was shot. So why?

Dear Moderators ... please forgive me for I have sinned. I just realized that I did not post this to the Picture Board. If you would like to move it, please do!

*hangs head in shame*
:)

When I finish a Scrappy UFO, I don't know to post it under UFO challenge, Scrappy Quilt Challenge or to pictures. (No shame, because were all shameless, or so I think) :thumbup:

QuiltE 04-28-2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Thanks ... I wish that my camera was giving as nice of colours for the hexes as it did for the fabric photo. Same camera and the design wall is only about 8 ft from where the fabric was shot. So why?

Dear Moderators ... please forgive me for I have sinned. I just realized that I did not post this to the Picture Board. If you would like to move it, please do!

*hangs head in shame*
:)

When I finish a Scrappy UFO, I don't know to post it under UFO challenge, Scrappy Quilt Challenge or to pictures. (No shame, because were all shameless, or so I think) :thumbup:

TonnieL ... My radar is up a little, being that I got an email telling I had one moved over. Thus why!! And to think, I haven't found the Challenge boards you are mentioning. Where goes thous?

nstitchs 05-19-2011 12:50 AM

Looking good can't wait to see the finished pic

craftybear 05-19-2011 12:51 AM

I love it

Ann63 05-19-2011 02:42 AM

Very pretty.

justlooking 05-19-2011 02:47 AM

Great job so far! Love the fabric!