Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Oh boo hoo! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/oh-boo-hoo-t173365.html)

momto5 12-27-2011 03:47 PM

You may even be able to find another machine exactly like yours only in way better condition on ebay...give it a try! I would also try Goodwill or Craigslist in your area. (If you decide you want to try finding another like you have).

jitkaau 12-27-2011 04:02 PM

You were very fortunate to have so much use out of your 'last Pfaff'. My 'last Pfaff' has only lasted 6 years (just enough to be out of warranty) and I'm afraid that means there really won't be another one. Hope you find a nice replacement.

MOBRIDGE MOM 12-27-2011 06:51 PM

I just bought a Pfaff Expression 3.0 in March and am already deeply attached. I hope it lasts as long as yours has.

luvstoquilt 12-28-2011 07:09 AM

I so understand! I lost my old lady Pfaff last spring ... I replaced it with a Viking Sapphire and am happy but I did love that machine and am still wondering if she could have been saved..the shop where I took her told me the parts needed to fix her were no longer made.

CarrieC 12-28-2011 07:12 AM

Oh I can so relate! When I traded in (okay I got $50 for it and it didn't work that well) my last machine, my LQS had to give me a tissue. DH thought I'd finally lost it but I sat there and remembered the baby clothes, the little dresses, the teddy bears and the moves all over the world with that machine. I felt like I was losing my best friend.

The good news is your new machine will hopefully become a good friend too!!!

gramarraine 12-28-2011 07:22 AM

My hubby bought me a 1222 about that same time and I used it until I had a similar problem. The repairman said that the comtrol mechanism which goes from straight stitch to zig zag etc. was froze up. He said it would cost me $300 to fix it and he didn't think it was worth it. That day the shop had a used 1222 that was in good running order so I bought it for $150. I do have a couple of others (both Pfaff) but I still have the original one even if it won't sew good. Its like loosing an old friend.

Tink's Mom 12-28-2011 07:23 AM

I am so sorry to read that your good and loyal friend has passed over to the great sewing machine heaven...I hope that you have a wonderful relationship with your new friend.

See if the old feet fit the new machine...if not, perhaps they will allow a trade-in allowance for the replacements.

luvTooQuilt 12-28-2011 09:02 PM

I have a pfaff 7570- one of the last WORKHORSES that was made in Germany still.. I love mine so much that I whined the week it was gone that I was without my baby (getting cleaned and serviced) that hubby got me another 7570 just in case for Christmas.... Check Ebay... Last I looked they had quite a few on auction.. Good Luck....

Grace MooreLinker 12-29-2011 04:57 AM

I have a Singer 2020 that I bought in1977 that has the same problem, it will switch from straight stich to ziz zig while I sewing. they tell me it can't be fix anymore. so it's stored and my Brothers 350 has taken it's place in the cabinet.

coldquilter 12-29-2011 05:38 AM

That's so sad - and at Christmas!!! Hope you find a proper replacement. The hard part is that they don't make things like they used to.