Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Oh, boy, do I need help! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/oh-boy-do-i-need-help-t34714.html)

cande 01-21-2010 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got a good education at good old LHS but math was not my strong point then and it's worse now.

My I Spy blocks are 5" square. I want to use yellow, red and blue stripes. Would I cut them each 1.5" to equal the 5" squares?

I'm borrowing a quilt pattern I saw here, thought it was so pretty. The I Spy squares would be where they put the print. My biggest problem, I guess, is that I don't know what the particular pattern is called so can't look on'line for the instructions.

Thank you to whomever made this one, hope you don't mind that I borrowed your design.

RedGarnet222 01-21-2010 09:02 AM

This pattern is a warm wishes quilt. I am pretty sure you can google it and get the pattern. If not, let me know, I will search it out in my printed pages for you.

RedGarnet222 01-21-2010 09:05 AM

You would just divide the chosen main block pattern size into thirds (making sure the seam allowance is in there to get the total main block size to match) and strip sew it together. The rest is just the laying it out to get the pattern right.

ghostrider 01-21-2010 09:16 AM

If your 5" squares are unfinished, making the finished measurement 4.5", you will need to cut your strips 2" wide and 5" long to have three of them make a 4.5" finished square.

In the future, you should just post a link to a photo that is not your own.

cande 01-21-2010 09:26 AM

I'm sorry that I apparently made a faux pas. I don't know how to make a link to the photos. My apologies to the person who's photo it was.

feline fanatic 01-21-2010 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by cande
I'm sorry that I apparently made a faux pas. I don't know how to make a link to the photos. My apologies to the person who's photo it was.

All you need to do is copy and paste the URL (web address up in the top bar of your browser) into your message. Just as simple as cutting and pasting a picture.

It is not just a faux pas to cut and paste a picture, you could inadvertantly be breaking a copyright which could put the board at risk. At risk financially and at risk of being here for us.

burnsk 01-21-2010 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic

Originally Posted by cande

It is not just a faux pas to cut and paste a picture, you could inadvertantly be breaking a copyright which could put the board at risk. At risk financially and at risk of being here for us.

Thanks for posting this info. I probably would have done the same thing at some time in the future. Now I'll know what to do. We're always learning. That's why this board is so great.

Cande - you just gave me an idea for my I Spy squares.

Oklahoma Suzie 01-21-2010 12:37 PM

You need to cut your strips 2" wide and 5" long

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 01-21-2010 03:51 PM

If it makes you all feel any better, it's my quilt up there, and I give permission to leave the photo there :)
I usually try to bookmark the quilts that interest me for future reference, but I am guilty of just click and save for myself too. Seriously, don't worry about it, I'm sure next time Cande will just post a link :)

RedGarnet222 01-21-2010 04:50 PM

Cande,
It is ok, everyone makes a little mistake when you don't know the rules. Don't be upset about it at all. I am sure that you see baren has given her permission to leave it. Bless your heart, don't worry. We are all nice people here.