Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OK Girls I am reporting in about.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ok-girls-i-am-reporting-about-t8295.html)

retrogirl02 06-23-2008 02:59 PM

OOOOH that's so cool granny cat! I LOVE the color& patterns. I tried my first paper piecing recently, no where as nice as your patterns but found I had an easier time than expected. Plus, it makes triangle piecing SO much more fun than before!

quilterpat 06-23-2008 04:39 PM

It is fun to do, and they always turn out so nice. You either love it or hate it. Fun to do and easy to learn. You always sew from the back side. You sew on the lines of the paper. It will be gorgeous when you are finished with the whole project.

Granny Cat 06-23-2008 04:46 PM

what I loike about it is it takes alot less time to do a block it took me about 45 min to do one block so I figure I could get a quilt going in no time at all...sometimes i like to get a project completed quickley ....with paper piecing I don't have the tedious task of all that cutting first you just get going and the pieces don't have to be perfect to come out perfect...haha

Millie 06-24-2008 12:16 AM

:oops: :oops: My points are never as Iwould like them to be and paper piecing seems to be the answer. I have been saving articles, etc on the subject and it seems such a practical way of getting a better finished product. Can't wait to try it.

Barb M 06-24-2008 12:28 AM

Ooooh, i absolutely love your second block!!!! And what i love even more, another die-hard paper-piecer has been created!!!!!!! lol lol :)

user3587 06-24-2008 02:02 AM

I have a lap quilt I made with Carol Doak's paper piecing but I can't get the picture to post. I've followed the directions but still nothing. It's a jpg file and it's not real large, but still nothing.

reneebobby 06-24-2008 02:17 AM

Wow I'll have to try this paper piecing soon and granny love the second one too. Great color choices.

gcathie 06-24-2008 09:49 AM

Oh my gosh ...look how pretty....I['m gonna have to check this class out....wooooo laaaa laaaa

salisaquilter 06-25-2008 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love paper pcing. Hard sometimes to find a complete pattern.
I have found them at Keepsake in New Hampshire.
I would like to share my last pc. not backed or quilted yet. thinking about how to finish.
It is called Wandering Stars and by Judy Niemeyer Quilting.
My sister told me she is very difficult and I almost did give up, but once I got ahold of the technique it was easy. I am a self taught pcer'
Hope you don't mind my sharing

Paper Pcing, called Wandering Stars
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13334[/ATTACH]

Granny Cat 06-25-2008 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by salisaquilter
I love paper pcing. Hard sometimes to find a complete pattern.
I have found them at Keepsake in New Hampshire.
I would like to share my last pc. not backed or quilted yet. thinking about how to finish.
It is called Wandering Stars and by Judy Niemeyer Quilting.
My sister told me she is very difficult and I almost did give up, but once I got ahold of the technique it was easy. I am a self taught pcer'
Hope you don't mind my sharing

that is so pretty thanks for sharing...