Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OK Guild members are SNOOPY!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ok-guild-members-snoopy-t2482.html)

vicki reno 09-27-2007 06:59 AM

There is a super nice guild in Yancey co, North Carolina. I have been a few times and they are sooo friendly!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-27-2007 07:06 AM

I belong to the most awesome Quilt Guild called the Quilter's Message Board!!! Right here!
I don't live where there is much of anything going on, especially anything fun.

mimisharon 09-27-2007 07:19 AM

Yep, well, this here is my guild. I'm not much for meetings anymore, I sure don't like gossip, andthe Good Lord knows I'm not perfect in my stitchin' but no one here has EVER put me down. Now where else could that be happenin'?

I love quiltin'

ceannastahr 09-27-2007 02:53 PM

I've said it more then once this is the only guild I need or want. There's not a better group of people anywhere. This group is the best

Like my avatar say Freindship is like a quilt all warm and cozy

ShellyQ 09-27-2007 03:28 PM

Yep 4sure, agree 100%, this here's my guild and I luvs it :P

ArtquilterNEWWAYtoQUILT 10-10-2007 08:01 PM

:wink: Yip Here I am!!

grammyj 09-08-2010 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i'm amazed by the number of unpleasant guild experiences we've read about here. how do these goofballs ... who are apparently all over the world ... expect us to interest the next generations to keep the spirit alive if they snip and sneer when new people try to join?

let's see, now ... no dues. no stupid, stinkin' rules. laughs aplenty. warm, friendly, nurturing, friendship for and from people all over the world. meets 24/7/365. i can go to meetings when i'm all dressed up or nekkid (except when tim and steve are around, of course! :oops: ). i don't have to fix my hair or makeup. no dues. no stupid, stinkin' rules. laughs aplenty.

guess which guild i'm stickin' with? :P

:thumbup: Got that right Patrice !

patricej 09-08-2010 10:02 AM

i'm giggling as i point out that this is a 3-year old post.

:lol:

Gennynut 09-08-2010 10:18 AM

So sorry for your experience! I've been invited to join the local guild but I really don't see what they have to offer that I can't get here.Like other have said here it is free and all the time . You can ask questions and get answers with out getting slammed.

retired2pa 09-08-2010 10:23 AM

LOL...it IS a 3 year old post and I hope the original poster has found her "niche".

I just joined a Guild last month so it's too early to tell what it will turn out to be for me. A Guild is not for every one. I've never belonged to one before so I had nothing to compare it to...other than this Board (and they're pretty hard to beat, IMHO). I did feel a little unwelcome and uncomfortable at the Guild meeting but that could be because I'm pretty shy and it's not always easy for me to mix in.

I like it here, personally, because I can "talk" if I want to...or not...and I don't feel pressured to do something that I don't feel comfortable doing.

I'll give the Guild I joined a year and see how I like it after that.