Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OK Guild members are SNOOPY!!

:x :twisted: :cry: These guid members are just plain old Snoopy about everything and twist things around like a gossip paper. Nit pick on the tiniest things to the newer members . What's the deal???? :?

Sorry to hear your guild is like that - they aren't all like that all the time. But just like any group of people, any of them could be like that sometimes!

lin
    Quote Originally Posted by zyxquilts
    Sorry to hear your guild is like that - they aren't all like that all the time. But just like any group of people, any of them could be like that sometimes!
    I agree Z. It sounds like you're not very comfortable attending your guild meetings Hook. Perhaps there's another group in your area that would be more supportive for you?

Quote Originally Posted by O WHO?HookEMWe'rebetternU
    :x :twisted: :cry: These guid members are just plain old Snoopy about everything and twist things around like a gossip paper. Nit pick on the tiniest things to the newer members . What's the deal???? :?
    Sounds like you need a new place to share and have fun quilting. Here is a link to Texas guilds. http://www.quiltguilds.com/texas.htm

piney

So sorry to hear about your guild. I hate it when quilters have bad guild experiences, they aren't all like that!

:? Yes it is sad some quilter's are that way, I'm glad I found you all here. !!! :wink: :-) Let's here it for the Quilter's Board!!! :wink: :wink: :P :lol: :D

Banned
    :? O how I do relate with you!!! It's a bad deal. Stay here !!! :wink:

Yes, the quilting board family needs a big "HERE, HERE" ....This is my quilting guild, and I need no other.

Blog Entries
    i'm amazed by the number of unpleasant guild experiences we've read about here. how do these goofballs ... who are apparently all over the world ... expect us to interest the next generations to keep the spirit alive if they snip and sneer when new people try to join?

let's see, now ... no dues. no stupid, stinkin' rules. laughs aplenty. warm, friendly, nurturing, friendship for and from people all over the world. meets 24/7/365. i can go to meetings when i'm all dressed up or nekkid (except when tim and steve are around, of course! :oops: ). i don't have to fix my hair or makeup. no dues. no stupid, stinkin' rules. laughs aplenty.

guess which guild i'm stickin' with? :P

Suz
    Patrice is correct except for the "nekkid" thing. Don't want to give the dh any ideas.

Another suggestion is get together with a few of your "likeminded" quilting friends and start your own group. It will only take two or three to start and then grow on your own. You could start by having a quilting bee, serve light refreshments and exchange ideas/show and tell.

No one needs those with the "elitist" attitude. Come on up to Pennsylvania and we country folk will treat you much better!

Suzanne

There is a super nice guild in Yancey co, North Carolina. I have been a few times and they are sooo friendly!

I belong to the most awesome Quilt Guild called the Quilter's Message Board!!! Right here!
    I don't live where there is much of anything going on, especially anything fun.

Yep, well, this here is my guild. I'm not much for meetings anymore, I sure don't like gossip, andthe Good Lord knows I'm not perfect in my stitchin' but no one here has EVER put me down. Now where else could that be happenin'?

I love quiltin'

I've said it more then once this is the only guild I need or want. There's not a better group of people anywhere. This group is the best

Like my avatar say Freindship is like a quilt all warm and cozy

Yep 4sure, agree 100%, this here's my guild and I luvs it :P

Banned
    TEXAS,Everything is BIGGERinTexas!!!!!!!!
    :wink: Yip Here I am!!

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    i'm amazed by the number of unpleasant guild experiences we've read about here. how do these goofballs ... who are apparently all over the world ... expect us to interest the next generations to keep the spirit alive if they snip and sneer when new people try to join?

let's see, now ... no dues. no stupid, stinkin' rules. laughs aplenty. warm, friendly, nurturing, friendship for and from people all over the world. meets 24/7/365. i can go to meetings when i'm all dressed up or nekkid (except when tim and steve are around, of course! :oops: ). i don't have to fix my hair or makeup. no dues. no stupid, stinkin' rules. laughs aplenty.

guess which guild i'm stickin' with? :P
    :thumbup: Got that right Patrice !

Blog Entries
    i'm giggling as i point out that this is a 3-year old post.

:lol:

So sorry for your experience! I've been invited to join the local guild but I really don't see what they have to offer that I can't get here.Like other have said here it is free and all the time . You can ask questions and get answers with out getting slammed.

LOL...it IS a 3 year old post and I hope the original poster has found her "niche".

I just joined a Guild last month so it's too early to tell what it will turn out to be for me. A Guild is not for every one. I've never belonged to one before so I had nothing to compare it to...other than this Board (and they're pretty hard to beat, IMHO). I did feel a little unwelcome and uncomfortable at the Guild meeting but that could be because I'm pretty shy and it's not always easy for me to mix in.

I like it here, personally, because I can "talk" if I want to...or not...and I don't feel pressured to do something that I don't feel comfortable doing.

I'll give the Guild I joined a year and see how I like it after that.

RDM
    Blog Entries
    Sad to hear of your guild experience-a loss for them. Are you comfortable to contact the guild President about your experience? I'd think any guild would want to welcome new quilters and know if that's not happening. Right after joining my guild I went on their retreat-I recommend it as a good way to jump in and get to know lots of people over several days. Volunteering more also increased my comfort level within the guild. Another possibility is to create your own monthly small quilt group with friends. I hope you find a happy place to quilt and learn with others.

Blog Entries
    I have tried very hard to change the attitude of my guild, I'm president. I want to change it completely to the new modern guild agenda that is so popular with members now. But with a lot of the Sr. members in the guild it's slow to change. Honestly I have gotten so many new members to join that the vote is always in favor of change. Sneaky or cleaver, but it's one way of getting the changes done. If you don't like the guild, volunteer to hold an office and start getting changes made a little at a time.

Blog Entries
    the person who started this topic hasn't posted here in nearly 3 years.

perhaps those who are members of guilds could offer some advice to those wondering now how to pick one.

RDM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    i'm giggling as i point out that this is a 3-year old post.

:lol:
    Wow how did that happen. Now you got me laughing that this subject goes round and round on many a chain.

Blog Entries
    we are sooooo good around here that even old news is interesting. how many groups can say that? ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast