Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
OK Guild members are SNOOPY!! >

OK Guild members are SNOOPY!!

OK Guild members are SNOOPY!!

Old 09-08-2010, 07:53 PM

I was going to start a new topic, but it fits right in with this revived one. I visited a guild meeting today and had a wonderful experience! I had e-mailed the membership chair asking if I could attend before joining. She sent me a lovely warm response the same day, and greeted me at the door when I arrived. All the members were very friendly, and basically I got the same feeling I have when I visit here. My only other experience with a guild was years ago in another area. That guild was much larger, and I felt very invisible (I didn't go back). I was impressed with their 'show and tell' items, their demonstrations, and their charity work. If you are looking for a guild in the Las Vegas area, check out the Las Vegas Quilters. I'm glad I did. (and thanks to all here who helped me get up the courage to make the leap!)
Old 09-08-2010, 08:22 PM

You ladies are the best!!! Wouldn't want to be any where else. Thanks for your friendship, inspiration, encouragement.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:33 PM

I am also a Texan. I live near Austin. I belong to 2 very nice guilds. Austin Area Quilt Guild is having our show this month, September 17-19th at Palmer Events Center.
The smaller guild is Chisholm Trail Quilt Guild and they meet in Georgetown. Both guilds are nice to new members and make sure that they are welcomed and made to feel welcome to the group.
Sharon W. in Round Rock,Texas
Old 09-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
PatriceJ, That's twice this week you talked about being nekkid. LOL. I know how you run around your house. LOL As I sit here in just a long t-shirt. ROFL
'scuse me. that's twice in three years. :lol:

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
It's a sewing circle. Join in on the fun. Post pix of Patrice's nekkidness to an online forum.

I'm used to ancient threads intentionally being bumped on other forums. It's a "safe" form of trolling. That never happens here?
trust me ... you don't want to see that. :lol:

ancient thread pop up from time to time. it isn't wrong, but it is usually confusing. and funny.

funny is always good. :lol: