Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OK... I admit it. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ok-i-admit-t107722.html)

grugirl 03-15-2011 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Making more progress. My closet has now been emptied and reorganized. My sheet collection for rugmaking is on the lowest shelf, all my machine covers and sorted yarns are on the bottom and in the middle shelf are all my flannels and WIP quilt projects in the containers.

Closet Organization
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170264[/ATTACH]

Jenniky 03-15-2011 01:20 PM

Sew Much Fun.. I love it :)

craftymatt2 03-15-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by mommamac
I have room at my house. Just call 1-800-RENT-A-SHELF

Oh my that was funny, I was thinking the same

GrannieAnnie 03-15-2011 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by grugirl
Making more progress. My closet has now been emptied and reorganized. My sheet collection for rugmaking is on the lowest shelf, all my machine covers and sorted yarns are on the bottom and in the middle shelf are all my flannels and WIP quilt projects in the containers.

Aren't those storage containers great? A shoebox sized one is big enough for the pieces of the personal quilts I make.

grugirl 03-15-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie

Aren't those storage containers great? A shoebox sized one is big enough for the pieces of the personal quilts I make.

Yes, I just love a good storage container. They are perfect for so many things.

Ladybug 1938 03-15-2011 03:52 PM

When you start shifting fabric I'm availabe to help... Will work for fabric...

glenda5253 03-15-2011 04:04 PM

I am working as hard as my brain and body will let me to get my stash as organized as yours, but I'm afraid I will have the same problem you have----too much fabric for the space. :oops:

grugirl 03-15-2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by glenda5253
I am working as hard as my brain and body will let me to get my stash as organized as yours, but I'm afraid I will have the same problem you have----too much fabric for the space. :oops:

Glenda, I will tell you where I started. I took each shelf off and as I pulled a stack, I sorted it on my Queen size bed by color. In my pics you can see the colors I chose. Some will flow between red and pink or blue and purple, just do your best to sort that way, then, once all the fabric is sorted in stacks and out of the room, clean and organize the room to hold your color stashes. Some folks sort by almost exact size of fabric. I don't bother with that. I choose big pieces, medium pieces and fat quarters.
Make sure you have a good strong shelving unit that allows you to stack efficiently and to hold the same size ... width wise and you will do fine.

Also, I found that when I did wide stacks that took up the full width of the shelf, many of my flatter pieces were squished into non visible existence. 2 years later when I refolded everything and make them half as wide, I found tons of missing pieces that reappeared. They are also easier to get out when you need them if the stacks are thinner.

grugirl 03-15-2011 04:11 PM

I need more room for fabric. This is getting real tight now. The shelves I always thought I could squeeze one more piece of fabric into ... I can't. Is this enough? I am reorganizing my closet now Hoping to cram more in.
This is ridiculous.

Also, you will notice in my pics that I still don't have about 3 shelves sorted yet. This is my new acquisitions that I still have to refold and organize.

Divokittysmom 03-15-2011 04:13 PM

Can we ever have too much fabric???? Your closet looks perfectly normal to me! I have a lot of shopping to do to keep up with you. Boy am I going to have fun.LOL