Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OK walk away moment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ok-walk-away-moment-t180177.html)

janceejan 02-21-2012 03:14 PM

I appreciate your words of encouragement, will try after supper.....maybe food and some Sieger on the MP3 will do it!

skothing 02-21-2012 03:22 PM

Okay the secret is chocolate! We have all had the same kind of day. Lol. Try to do something fun, then eat healthy get some good sleep. Let us know how it goes.

fixfido 02-21-2012 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 4995411)
you handled it the same way i would...and did! Did you roll your own?....just wondering....

hilarious!

Deanne 02-21-2012 04:28 PM

I use the errors and flubs as my "sign" that I need to stop for a while, have a diet soda, take a nap, or something like that so I can come back to it later. Usually works then. We just get too tired and don't realize it!

newbee3 02-21-2012 04:33 PM

I bet you learned something from your so easy project and it will help you in the future with projects .

LindaM49 02-21-2012 05:18 PM

Yep...I had that kind of a day too. Yesterday I finished all of the piecing, sandwiched everything and started marking my quilt design...doing a grid pattern. I got half of it finished and started the other half when I got home from the lab...had to have bloodwork done before my doctor appointment on Monday. Started marking my lines and things were going smoothly. When I got too my last few lines...all of a sudden they were too close together. So...I got out my fabric eraser and started erasing those lines. That's as bad as ripping out seams. Finally I finished it but I had to walk away from it a few times. Yesterday it took me less than hour to mark the first half. Today I spent most of the afternoon marking and erasing. And this is a large wallhanging. I can't imagine doing a grid pattern on a bed size quilt.

auntpiggylpn 02-21-2012 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by janceejan (Post 4995209)
It is a walk away moment......time to sit in the sun on the deck, smoke one and have a diet dr pepper. Maybe this evening, I hope....

Thanks for letting me rant................:rolleyes:

Sometimes that is exactly what it takes! And a cold diet Dr. Pepper can fix anything!!!

Krisb 02-21-2012 08:23 PM

That was me last night. Made a very nice (I thought) Virginia star block, had to add borders to get it to size at 12 1/2", cut the borders a little wide and long "just to be sure", shaved off the same 1/4" I added, then look at it admiringly--and noticed that four pieces of the star were the wrong fabric. Tried for about an hour to take out just those four pieces with little success, threw it out and decided it would be an Ohio star instead. So that's what it is.

JanTx 02-21-2012 09:31 PM

Put that project in Time Out and walk away! THat's what I do and it works wonderfully. Amazingly, most of the time when I take them out of Time Out they're just not as much trouble as they were the first time. Wish it worked as well for kids.

Painiacs 02-21-2012 09:35 PM

Hugs and a smile to you! Don't forget deep relaxing breaths!!