Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Okay....I get it...I'm in love....With my Featherweight! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/okay-i-get-im-love-my-featherweight-t236893.html)

Yooper32 12-19-2013 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 6461647)
I have the white FW. I wanted a black one but was given the white so I'm very happy with the white.

Lucky, lucky you.

coopah 12-19-2013 06:20 AM

Congratulations on owning a FW. You will enjoy using it and the ease of carrying it to classes. Merry Christmas!

misseva 12-19-2013 09:14 AM

I have one my dd gave me. I've been using my Brother with the up/down needle/auto thread/thread cutter/start/stop button BUT when I started on Clue #3 of Bonnie Hunter's mystery I just couldn't see where I was sewing. NOW I'm sewing on my little Lynn and she sews sooooo good and I can use my magnetized seam guide for a perfect scant 1/4" seam. Think I'll keep her out more. I have the black box in perfect condition along with all the attachments and a boat load of bobbins.

JaniceP 12-19-2013 11:44 AM

Waiting for my 1955 to arrive and I'm so excited!

cflykins 12-19-2013 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas (Post 6461793)
I have the FW I grew up with. She is so smooth and dependable! It's the one I use for buttonholes and quilt classes. I can hear my mother's voice when I sew on her.

I have the featherweight that my parents gave me for my 16th birthday. I'm not 71. I taught my 2 granddaughters to sew on this machine. They love the machine so much I bought a second one this year. It was manufactured on the same date in 1955 as my original one. We call them the twins.

wolph33 12-19-2013 03:55 PM

they are wonderful gems

gramquilter2 12-19-2013 04:45 PM

I have 2 Featherweights and use them both. Have fun with your new machine.

Highmtn 12-20-2013 07:54 PM

I hunted for an affordable FW for a few years. Walked into a little Habitat for Humanity a couple years ago and there sat a beautiful little FW in pristine condition! It was $300, and I just didn't have it. Then the lady said "But...it's 50% off day!" ...Needles to say..... I bought it!! As we were driving home my friend made the comment that steals like that only come along once in a blue moon! We'll...that very night it WAS A BLUE MOON!! So, I named the machine "Blue Moon" It's a 1956, and it sews like a breeze!! I had it serviced right away and the man said it was like brand new inside. It just purrssssss like a kitten when I use it. Best class machine ever!!

You will have a love affair with that machine once you get to know it. They all have unique little personalities...

sheryl85338 12-21-2013 10:55 AM

Stupid question? I go to sales and charity stores looking for FW - see many OLD Singers - do the FWs actually say "Featherweight" on the machine? If not, how do you know that's what you are getting?

Bobquilts 12-24-2013 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 6461647)
I have the white FW. I wanted a black one but was given the white so I'm very happy with the white.

The ' white ' one is actually green if you look closely enough. Don't EVER get rid of it because in order to restore the dinged ones, the color match isn't a fun thing to do. I've restore a few of the black ones and they are a piece of cake comparatively.