Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Old hankie find (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/old-hankie-find-t123912.html)

leiladylei54 05-19-2011 08:11 AM

A friend told a story of her nephew purchasing a new men's wallet from Macy's only to find $200 in the brand new wallet. Someone must have returned the wallet and the clerk must not have checked to see if it had been used.

GreatStarter 05-19-2011 09:14 AM

Yes that is good price for featherweight. Go buy it and then make some things to donate as a way to pass it forward.
Kat

Shirlrh 05-19-2011 10:09 AM

Wow! Neat purchase :0)

caliquocat 05-19-2011 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by drdolly
buy a lottery ticket. Yeah! I heard that the older generations hide money every where.

LOL! I'm part of that older generation & believe me, we don't have any money left over to hide.

:-D

Crazy Quiltin Robin 05-19-2011 01:06 PM

When my Auntie passed my mom and I went to Calif to help my uncle clean out things .... well we started looking through things and kept finding these little muslin bags in purses and just laid them aside till I found a elastic belt with two of the little muslin bags on it sewn down .... then we opened one up when we finished cleaning drawers and closets we had over 5 thousand dollars in $20s and $100s seems she had saved her grocery allounce she didnt use and put it in the little bags to hide it when she went shopping .... she wore the little elastic belts under her shirt around her waist so she didnt have to carry a purse . She was very afraid of muggers in the San Fransico area ..... my Uncle said she paid for her funeral with all her little bags .... he said she was still taking care of him ...... that was in 1993.... she was 89 years young when she passed . she sewed and did all kinds of knitting and crocheting ....... she was an awesome little lady

threadsdmr 05-19-2011 02:02 PM

I would have returned the money to whoever I bought the hankies from.

KSue 05-19-2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Monie
I was looking for pretty cloth napkins for a big block pattern seen this hankie in a zip lock bag with a "S" on didn't need it but for .10 I got came home and took it out of the bag and SURPRISED!!!!! 2. $100 dollar bills fell out( doing happy dance) money for fabric this weekend at large flea market. Beleive me this is not my luck. Still think about the lady that hide it there.

Wow! Great! Reminds me of something I would do - I hide money in my books and other odd little places -

ButtermilkMama 05-19-2011 02:52 PM

Nice to know that that is not a good place to hide my money!!! Ha, Ha!

decky 05-19-2011 02:53 PM

Isn't it funny where people will hid money. My father-in-law always hid money in the bottom of the hamper. Anyway have fun spending your find!!

Faith Taylor 05-19-2011 02:53 PM

That reminds me of the time we had a garage sale. My mother was moving into an assisted living place that provided 24 hr. care. So we sold anything she wouldn't be needing there with the intention of using the money for her care.

My husband was manning the sale while I was at work. A fine Mexican couple came to see what we had at the sale and had several items they wanted to buy.

The husband looked in the box of a little camera my mother had, but didn't need and found $60 tucked inside the box. He told my husband what he found and gave it to him.

My husband was so grateful, he gave the couple all the items they had set aside, plus the little camera.