Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OMG help, need suggestions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/omg-help-need-suggestions-t200678.html)

sassey 09-17-2012 05:51 PM

I made a ne ks guilt and used mostly team fabric most everyone carries team spirit fabric Team spirit fab and blocks of plain fabric for people to sign

Cindy60545 09-18-2012 03:32 AM

Boy, what a combination! Crimson Tide & Gators! Could be worse though. Gators are bright, Tide is subdued. Autograph quilt, hmmm. I see alternating blocks between the two teams. (bright, subdues,bright,subdued, etc.) Type of block? Just about anything. I think something that wraps around the signature area. Possibly a log cabin type block? Just larger on the strips? There's all kinds of autograph quilt ideas out here on the internet. Let us know what you find.

rj.neihart 09-18-2012 03:38 AM

Perfect suggestion!

ontheriver 09-18-2012 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 5522902)
Boy, what a combination! Crimson Tide & Gators! Could be worse though. Gators are bright, Tide is subdued. Autograph quilt, hmmm. I see alternating blocks between the two teams. (bright, subdues,bright,subdued, etc.) Type of block? Just about anything. I think something that wraps around the signature area. Possibly a log cabin type block? Just larger on the strips? There's all kinds of autograph quilt ideas out here on the internet. Let us know what you find.

Thank you, I was thinking along the same lines. It's the color combination that is getting to me. I was thinking log cabin with the centers white for signatures and the team colors around them. My grandson had the idea to do the team logos side by side with the word MEETS between them and the wedding date then put area for signing below them. I made an Alabama logo for someone else and he loved it, hence his idea.

ontheriver 09-18-2012 03:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the Alabama logo I made with applique. Maybe I will do a Florida one and combine them and put signature blocks all around.

faykilgore 09-18-2012 04:21 AM

My suggestion is double Irish chain. Divide the quilt in half diagonally. That block has a large center "white space" for logo embroidery and signatures. If I had EQ, I would lay it out, but I use graph paper and colored pencils.

zennia 09-18-2012 04:22 AM

My friends and I just made an autograph quilt using a pattern called "Popcicle Sticks. We put one white strip in each block to be signed.

kymawmaw 09-18-2012 05:19 AM

I like this idea.. might use it for my daughters..u of l an u of k

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 5519464)
how about making two quilts... not too wide each. then put gripper snaps along the adjoining sides. that way, they can separate them for their own use, too.

Pieces2 09-18-2012 05:20 AM

I have no idea what colors these are. But I wouldn't go to exteme color choices. Maybe they haven't given any thought to how this will look in a bedroom, and how quickly they may tire of this color choice.
A quilt is a lot of work for them to tire of these colors. and decide to not use your quilt in a few years.
I would use many nuetral colors in the quilt, and use their color choices in small bits and pieces.
This will make your quilt easier to coordinate for a bedroom.

Scakes 09-18-2012 05:41 AM

Good luck on your quilt. Hope you post a picture of it when you get the top done.

My daughter is an Auburn fan; her fiancee is an Alabama fan. They wanted a quilt - AU one side of it and Al on his side (all on the front but dividing the bed). I tried so many times to draw up a pattern or figure something out. Wasn't really a great color scheme for the bedroom and they decided they'd like to have large lap quilts to go on the couch - AU for her; AL for him. Had to make them fairly big as he is 6'3" and she's 5'11" but they turned out nice and they were tickled with them. Much easier to deal with than a king size quilt also. :-)