Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Once I Run Out of Relatives Who Do I Make Quilts For? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/once-i-run-out-relatives-who-do-i-make-quilts-t215540.html)

Wanabee Quiltin 03-05-2013 06:40 PM

How about bed quilts for your family? My family loves bed quilts. Also if you like quilting so much, how about making quilts that challenge you ?

Silver Needle 03-05-2013 07:50 PM

I have made a memory quilt from her father's shirts for a friend who doesn't sew. I encouraged her to be part of the design process so she could feel a part of it. Now I just have to quilt it and get her to plan the label text. It will be so meaningful to future generations of her family.

sylviak 03-05-2013 09:56 PM

I have 8 grandchildren. They WILL need more quilts. I've made baby quilts, kid quilts, teen quilts, graduation quilts which I'm still envolved in, and then there will be wedding quilts (shortly), then great grandchildren....plus friends and I've done a few for customers. Just finished a wedding quilt for a customer. Just keep quilting. I still haven't made one for OUR bed!

Lilrain 03-05-2013 10:07 PM

Check with the social workers at the hospitals. We have so many babies born each month here with basically nothing to go home in. Look up our organization to see how it works babiesinneed.org

Alice Woodhull 03-07-2013 04:12 AM

They will be in my estate when I die. I don't have a big family and when everyone asks me what I'm going to do with them, I tell them I will give them to anyone who wants one. Then they all want one, but just if I give it to them. If I find a worthy recipient, I will give it to them. Otherwise, they will be in my estate when I die. They'll be worth more then than they are now. I also do charity quilts as well.

Julie in NM 03-07-2013 04:14 AM

Table runners...placemats...totes...etc

maryfrang 03-07-2013 04:21 AM

Take a walk in the park near your home. When you see a young family, the kids would love a quilt. This is what one member of our quilt guild did. No one knew until she pass away in December and her family shared this about her. She has scrap books of picture of the child and their quilt. Really something to think about. And her love of quilting was shared. Since you love quilting so much, share it also.

GailG 03-07-2013 04:23 AM

Afghan sized quilts are welcomed and appreciated gifts for cancer patients going through chemo. Keep doing what you love to do and stack them. When you hear of someone who is going through this ordeal, give them a quilt to bring along for their treatments. Perhaps even a simple tote bag added to it. Happy sewing!

sap 03-07-2013 04:33 AM

my mother made quilts for each gchild with instructions to give them when they married. One got his quilt twenty years after she passed. She loved them but knew she was terminal and wouldn't here to give them herself.

donnajean 03-07-2013 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin (Post 5907610)
How about bed quilts for your family? My family loves bed quilts. Also if you like quilting so much, how about making quilts that challenge you ?

My 1st quilts were easy ones. Then I got into floral applique which take longer to complete. However, my closets are now full & it is hard to give these away & I do not have any relatives with an interest in quilts. I do make them when neighbors have grandkids & have sold a few.