Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   One Quilt, Two Women (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/one-quilt-two-women-t190605.html)

AuntieD 06-02-2012 06:16 PM

I'm sure your husband's parents will treasure the quilt. Being made by two loving family members, that is just wonderful.

dunster 06-02-2012 07:18 PM

Wow, tears in my eyes. Your quilt is lovely, and the story is awesome.

burchquilts 06-02-2012 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by quiltbabe (Post 5261248)
My avatar picture is the quilt that I completed. I don't post here, am a lurker mostly, so haven't figured out all the how-tos yet! This quilt really stressed to me the importance of actually using my signature on my quilts. I had my husband's grandmother's signature and embroidered it on the quilt. Seeing her signature was so emotional...I cried and cried. And nearly all the members of the family when they saw the quilt cried too. I'm just glad I was finally able to complete it in time for my in-laws 50th anniversary!

What a touching, sweet story! I love your avatar but would REALLY like to see a bigger version of the picture. Please? Pretty please?

JustAbitCrazy 06-03-2012 03:47 AM

What an awesome thing you did! :thumbup: Congratulations: both on doing such a good thing, and on finishing it!

Lavada 06-03-2012 04:08 AM

Beautiful quilt and very touching hope you got pictures when you presented it to your in-laws

promenades 06-03-2012 04:08 AM

reat story, beautiful quilt!

cjaneky 06-03-2012 04:52 AM

I lost my mother to Parkins... in her things I found a box with 3 quilts.. i remembered one of them my grandmother working on...and later on she and my mother worked on this same quilt...when i pulled it out it needed more work to complete....I finished this quilt...It makes you realize that 3 generations put time and love into this hand stitched quilt....I use this quilt on my bed and wouldn't have it any other way....as my grandmother passed away in the 80's ...my mother in '98'.....and i am over 60.....i finished the other 2 quilts after that...and make sure they are displayed so others can see them as well

quiltbabe 06-03-2012 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by cjaneky (Post 5262104)
I lost my mother to Parkins... in her things I found a box with 3 quilts.. i remembered one of them my grandmother working on...and later on she and my mother worked on this same quilt...when i pulled it out it needed more work to complete....I finished this quilt...It makes you realize that 3 generations put time and love into this hand stitched quilt....I use this quilt on my bed and wouldn't have it any other way....as my grandmother passed away in the 80's ...my mother in '98'.....and i am over 60.....i finished the other 2 quilts after that...and make sure they are displayed so others can see them as well

If quilts could talk, what stories they could tell! I love the history and connections involved with old quilts, even if they aren't from my family. My sister and I bought some old quilt tops years ago that included a newspaper clipping of the maker's young son's obituary. We believe she poured her grief into those quilts, probably the main thing that kept her going.

What a treasure you have with your family's quilts!

Monika 06-03-2012 07:53 AM

What a wonderful family tribute! It is beautiful!!

KyKaren1949 06-03-2012 07:53 AM

One of the best stories I've ever read! Good for you! The quilt is lovely.