Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Online Quilting TV show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/online-quilting-tv-show-t194367.html)

Silver Needle 07-12-2012 01:38 AM

Online Quilting TV show

Someone posted recently asking if anyone had watched a particular class. I google searched and located it, but there was, of course, a fee. I wondered if anyone remembered what it was, aand if they had thought it was worth it. It was something other than Craftsy.

elseebee 07-12-2012 04:22 AM

Craftsy DOES have a free class- it's the BOM one. There's been lots of talk on this board about it because many of us are taking it. (I only sign up for their classes when it's on sale- all I've taken so far have been good.)

Arleners 07-12-2012 05:00 AM

I think that referred to The Quilt Show. I have been a member since they started. I really enjoy the shows. It stars Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. Each episode has a guest star. Alex and Tim interview the guest or guests, and then there is usually some sort of demo based on the guests speciality.

There are also a whole bunch of side things on the website. For me it is worth it.

quiltstringz 07-12-2012 05:08 AM

They may be talking about QNNtv.com, I believe you have to join and there is a fee. It is the Fons & Porter version of the Quilt Show (Alix & Ricky). I don't belong and don't know anyone who does so I can't help there.

lfstamper 07-12-2012 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Arleners (Post 5358215)
I think that referred to The Quilt Show. I have been a member since they started. I really enjoy the shows. It stars Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. Each episode has a guest star. Alex and Tim interview the guest or guests, and then there is usually some sort of demo based on the guests speciality.

There are also a whole bunch of side things on the website. For me it is worth it.

I too have enjoyed the shows and artists that they feature. Always learning something new here!

PaperPrincess 07-12-2012 05:35 AM

I subscribe to QNNTV. an annual subscription ($24) is less than a magazine subscription. They have all the old Fons and Porter shows, a long arm show and lots of others. For me, it's worth it. They also have some videos that are free. If you are not sure, you can sign up for one month for $3 just to try it out.
You can also get a free subscription if you are a member of Quilter's Club of America.

Rose Marie 07-12-2012 07:15 AM

Free videos are at
quilterstv.com
Eleanor Burns has lots of videos on her website Quilt In A Day.
You Tube has lots of free videos.
No need to pay with all the free classes.
QNN used to be free and watched hours of videos. I will not pay for it now that Fons and Porter bought the site.

huntersgrammie 07-14-2012 04:23 AM

another fabulous site is missouri quilt company, i love jenny, she is the easiest person to listen to therefore you can learn so much from her. they have a ton of free videos. some are short but there are some that run 30 mins. to teach wonderful new techniques. i can't say enough good things about her or the site. CHECK IT OUT.

Latrinka 07-14-2012 05:01 AM

There are tons of free ones, that's the only ones I watch. There's more free stuff than I'll ever be able to do.

cactusmomma 07-14-2012 05:45 AM

I bought three or four classes while they were on sale. I'm watching the first one and I think it is very good. It is the basics of machine quilting with your sewing machine. I'm a new quilter though so it would be too basic if you've been quilting already.