Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Online Quilting TV show >

Online Quilting TV show

Online Quilting TV show

Old 07-12-2012, 01:38 AM

Question Online Quilting TV show

Someone posted recently asking if anyone had watched a particular class. I google searched and located it, but there was, of course, a fee. I wondered if anyone remembered what it was, aand if they had thought it was worth it. It was something other than Craftsy.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:22 AM

Craftsy DOES have a free class- it's the BOM one. There's been lots of talk on this board about it because many of us are taking it. (I only sign up for their classes when it's on sale- all I've taken so far have been good.)
Old 07-12-2012, 05:00 AM

I think that referred to The Quilt Show. I have been a member since they started. I really enjoy the shows. It stars Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. Each episode has a guest star. Alex and Tim interview the guest or guests, and then there is usually some sort of demo based on the guests speciality.

There are also a whole bunch of side things on the website. For me it is worth it.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:08 AM

They may be talking about QNNtv.com, I believe you have to join and there is a fee. It is the Fons & Porter version of the Quilt Show (Alix & Ricky). I don't belong and don't know anyone who does so I can't help there.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Arleners View Post
I think that referred to The Quilt Show. I have been a member since they started. I really enjoy the shows. It stars Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. Each episode has a guest star. Alex and Tim interview the guest or guests, and then there is usually some sort of demo based on the guests speciality.

There are also a whole bunch of side things on the website. For me it is worth it.
I too have enjoyed the shows and artists that they feature. Always learning something new here!
Old 07-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

I subscribe to QNNTV. an annual subscription ($24) is less than a magazine subscription. They have all the old Fons and Porter shows, a long arm show and lots of others. For me, it's worth it. They also have some videos that are free. If you are not sure, you can sign up for one month for $3 just to try it out.
You can also get a free subscription if you are a member of Quilter's Club of America.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:15 AM

Free videos are at
quilterstv.com
Eleanor Burns has lots of videos on her website Quilt In A Day.
You Tube has lots of free videos.
No need to pay with all the free classes.
QNN used to be free and watched hours of videos. I will not pay for it now that Fons and Porter bought the site.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:23 AM

another fabulous site is missouri quilt company, i love jenny, she is the easiest person to listen to therefore you can learn so much from her. they have a ton of free videos. some are short but there are some that run 30 mins. to teach wonderful new techniques. i can't say enough good things about her or the site. CHECK IT OUT.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:01 AM

There are tons of free ones, that's the only ones I watch. There's more free stuff than I'll ever be able to do.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:45 AM

I bought three or four classes while they were on sale. I'm watching the first one and I think it is very good. It is the basics of machine quilting with your sewing machine. I'm a new quilter though so it would be too basic if you've been quilting already.