Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   only 54 more days-do you....? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/only-54-more-days-do-you-t73758.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 11-01-2010 08:03 PM

Can you hear me groaning????????? lol :D
I get mad at people who start counting down before I'm ready hahahahaha

trisha 11-01-2010 08:26 PM

Got a good start. I have to have a bunch of presents ready for my brother to take home to Texas when he comes for Thanksgiving. Making table runner, hot pads, totes and wreaths for his family. Of course I have to decorate the house for Christmas before he gets here, and finish painting the bathroom, get curtains up all over the house, and on and on. But once he leaves I will have a whole month to do nothing but make presents. He will be here in three weeks. Haven't seen him in four years. And he has never met my family. Can't wait!!!

GrannieAnnie 11-01-2010 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by quiltergirl80
There are only 54 more days til' xmas! Do you have your gifties out of the design process and into the created phase yet?

Gift cards worked last year for most people-----------will do the same this year. I do have about 20 flannel pillow cases done, maybe 3 dozen shopping bags done, several scarves knitted.

May try to make a few rice filled hand warmer thingies.

SuziC 11-02-2010 02:53 AM

OMG you have it down to days.....i will never be ready (i say that every year) I even started sooner than usual. It's a good thing i'm good under pressure :!:

redvette54 11-02-2010 03:06 AM

The step-kids get $$$ and socks and underware. I'm going to do a couple of sets of pillow cases, some 10 minute table runners and I have to sandwich and quilt an I Spy for GS. The big job I have to do is cut bandanas for all the grooming dogs at the shop, about 600 and it's felt. Then my co workers hot glue them, so they slip over the collar and decorate them. I have to have that done by Thanksgiving. I work so hard right before Thanksgiving and Christmas, I'm so tired by the time the day comes, I'm short tempered and don't want to do anything.

clem55 11-02-2010 06:23 AM

Guess I am just lazy in my old age. I stopped sewing for Xmas gifts a long time ago. I can't get out to the malls to shop, the walking is a little too much, so I do most of mine online. Have the big grandkids make out online wish lists that I can choose from, my adult children just tell me several ideas of what they'd like and where to get it, and the two little ones are easy. If I do go to the mall, everything gets done in ONE day.

MomtoBostonTerriers 11-02-2010 07:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
QuilterGirl80, Thanks for the pressure. I mean reminder. As for Moi, I started working on Christmas gifts around March. But I'm behind where I should be, mainly because I have to make 2 business trips between now and Christmas (don't ya hate how working for a living cuts into quilting time? me, too).

I made a lap quilt for BIL; placemats for sister, niece, dear friend, and SIL; pickles, relish, and jalapeno jelly for many friends. Completed and wrapped 14 quilted stockings for friends -- each has the name sewn on it. Today I hope to finish 60 fabric Christmas cards I always give to MIL so she can send to her friends. I still have to make another set of placemats for dear niece-in-law. Later on I will make fruitcakes for parents (we are the last 3 people on earth who like fruitcake). The biggest thing hanging over my head is writing my Christmas letter; it is usually 8 pages long, has lots of pictures, and must go to the printer around Thanksgiving (it's earlier this year because of those business trips).

Oh, I guess I'm not in such bad shape after all.

Here's an example of the Christmas stockings I made for friends. Only a quilter can appreciate how much work goes into these little things.

Stockings for doggie friends. Dogs are people, too!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118206[/ATTACH]

nwm50 11-02-2010 07:12 AM

Shuddering !!!! Heck can't get started..too many on the "want to do" lists!

wanderingcreek 11-02-2010 07:29 AM

I susre don't need any reminders of how little time is left. I have so many projects on the go that my table is covered in little piles here and there of different projects. One quilt almost finished, two more on the go and everything else cut out, labelled and in piles around the room. Wish I could finish 1 project and then start another but that is not how I work. I need to have a gazillion things going at the same time so that I can switch between things. I have 1 more to cut out but it should be an easy one. I will probably be hand sewing bindings when everyone sits down to dinner. It won't be the first time! And I actually lose a day as we have dinner and open all of our gifts on Christmas Eve.

Panther Creek Quilting 11-02-2010 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Does it count if I have the fabric bought. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or if I have the ideas in my head!