Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Opinions/Ideas??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinions-ideas-t215340.html)

QuiltingVagabond 03-03-2013 09:33 AM

I agree with bringing the picture blocks more to the center - how about bringing them one space diagonally toward the center? Then alternate the green/blue blocks with the bright blue on the outside rows maybe?

linda8450 03-03-2013 09:47 AM

I vote with QuiltingVagabond, the pics should move up and in, and I would mix the green and blue blocks, too "muddy" with the green all together, they will blend well all over the quilt with the blues.

HillCountryGal 03-03-2013 10:36 AM

Great ideas! Guess because I think everything NEEDS to be organized, that's why they are/were arranged that way. I've been messin' with them for a while this morning, not 100% happy. Maybe I do need to "muddy" them up a bit! Thanks.

The panel is: Red River II by Yuko Hasegawa/2012 RJR Fabrics

HillCountryGal 03-03-2013 10:38 AM

I'd even considered putting the picture blocks on the back... beings they're what seems to be giving me headaches. Going to try y'alls suggestions and see what works.

Thank each of you. I appreciate you taking the time to help. :thumbup:

Emma S 03-03-2013 11:43 AM

Be sure and show us what you decide.

bigsister63 03-04-2013 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by HillCountryGal (Post 5901299)
I'd even considered putting the picture blocks on the back... beings they're what seems to be giving me headaches. Going to try y'alls suggestions and see what works.

Thank each of you. I appreciate you taking the time to help. :thumbup:

Why are you using the pic blocks? are they the main inspiration/theme for the quilt or an after thought since you have them so why not use them. Putting them on the back may confuse the user as to which is the back and what is the front. Maybe you should not use them at all. I personally think that they will add pizzaz to the quilt if used in the center and tone down the bright blue.

TexasSunshine 03-04-2013 12:00 PM

equilter.com has the Texas fabric, a new panel that I really like.

calla 03-04-2013 07:53 PM

I like sashing to set blocks, nice work.........calla

craftycancer 03-05-2013 07:49 AM

This looks great, I agree with the post that suggest adding more of that dark deep blue; and I would add a strip! Great job

NanaCsews2 03-05-2013 08:58 AM

IMO, if someone were to use this on a bed, or on their lap, the pictures would get 'lost' if staying on the edges. Consider moving the pictures 'into' the quilt. If the layout of each of the other blocks is what you had planned, leave those, but switch 4 of them out for the pictures. I think putting the green blocks around the pictures would set off the pictures, then the blues around those, and use blue/green fabric as a border, add the lighter blue for a border and add a dark blue binding. So much you can do by rearranging the blocks and colorings.