Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   opinions please - sorry I am so needy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinions-please-sorry-i-am-so-needy-t291090.html)

TheMerkleFamily 09-10-2017 11:13 AM

I like the same color outer border (same as sash) and either the orange or blue inner border to bring out either preferred color from the pattern.

NZquilter 09-10-2017 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by soccertxi (Post 7903717)
Oh the orange inner border just popped out at me. It picks up the orange in the quilt and give it some ZING!

That's how I feel too. And the orange frames it so nicely; not too much, not too little, just perfect in my opinion.

bearisgray 09-10-2017 11:52 AM

I would use the same fabric for the border and binding as you have used for the sashing.

It's a sweet little print - let it be seen.

If you want bright - use it for the backing.

QuiltE 09-10-2017 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by meyert (Post 7903705)
...........This fabric is just to subtle with soft hues to take much competition from other blocks and colors.
I decided to go with just with simple block with green sashing..............

Stick with the winning combo you already have .... Just use the same green as your sashings are for the border/binding. The simplicity, subtlety and softness of your quilt is why it looks so nice.

I am guessing your sashings are only one inch finished. Yes? No?
If so, how about stopping where you are now, and just put a binding on that is the same one inch, with no further borders. Of course, that is, if the quilt is large enough. If it needs to be larger, just stick with the same green for the border and binding.

SusieQOH 09-10-2017 12:50 PM

I really like how you did this quilt!!! I like it a lot better than when you had the hourglasses in it. Good job!!!!!!
I really like that skinny orange- sets it off nicely.
You have a winner, no matter what you choose (except that dark blue, I don't like it on there lol) :)

PS. I none of us were needy we wouldn't need the board, right? :)

Kassaundra 09-10-2017 12:56 PM

I would do the second picture. I love all things orange, and your deep blue is a great color, but you have a low volume quilt that is lovely, honor that decision and keep it low volume.

QuiltingHaven 09-10-2017 12:56 PM

I like the smaller orange sash and then the blue for the larger sash.....they pull out the colors from the main blocks beautiful. However, we all have different feelings but that pulls the colors from the blocks and makes everything pulled together. Have fun and do what you like!!!!

Annaquilts 09-10-2017 01:06 PM

The first picture. Too much green/teal in the other pictures.

joe'smom 09-10-2017 01:35 PM

I would use the blue, possibly with an inner border of the sashing fabric.

mountain-moma 09-10-2017 01:37 PM

Love the skinny orange sets it off nicely ,,Beautiful quilt