Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Opinions Please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinions-please-t106353.html)

Charming 03-09-2011 01:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So here is the pcs of my son's quilt for his graduation. I need all of your wonderful people to think with me what is the best scenario for a border. Just plain green and black or braid (will that be too much?). There was too much green for my eyes to work with and i can't wait to be over with this but my dear son loves these colors :) and i want it to be perfect and i don't care if it is gonna take me long time to finish.
Thank you all for your usual help and support.

Faten

Sorry the first one was tilted
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152592[/ATTACH]

Lobster 03-09-2011 01:48 PM

Plain green and black, I think. Interesting that your eyes have trouble with all that green: I get that effect with reds. Sometimes I've been embroidering with red thread (by hand) and the thread seemed to shimmer.

Stunning top!

Charming 03-09-2011 01:50 PM

Thank you. When you say plain black and green what do you suggest?

Originally Posted by Lobster
Plain green and black, I think. Interesting that your eyes have trouble with all that green: I get that effect with reds. Sometimes I've been embroidering with red thread (by hand) and the thread seemed to shimmer.

Stunning top!

Raggiemom 03-09-2011 01:51 PM

Maybe a narrow green border followed by a wider black?

JenBlossom 03-09-2011 01:52 PM

I would say a thin border in either green/black and a wider border in whichover of those you don't use for the thin border (personally I'd do thin black border, wider green border, and black binding). But I'm still a beginner, but there's my 2 cents for what they're worth :)

The quilt looks great!

bjeriann 03-09-2011 01:52 PM

I think a small black inner border - then a wider white border and bind in green. Great looking quilt, good job.

MadQuilter 03-09-2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
Maybe a narrow green border followed by a wider black?

I see it the other way around. Narrow dark (it reads blue on my screen) and a wider green.

dreamer2009 03-09-2011 01:59 PM

I just do a nice good sized black border to pop everything.

marknfran 03-09-2011 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Charming
So here is the pcs of my son's quilt for his graduation. I need all of your wonderful people to think with me what is the best scenario for a border. Just plain green and black or braid (will that be too much?). There was too much green for my eyes to work with and i can't wait to be over with this but my dear son loves these colors :) and i want it to be perfect and i don't care if it is gonna take me long time to finish.
Thank you all for your usual help and support.

Faten

If your son really likes the green, then I would sew a narrow black around it and then the larger green with the green also being the binding.

EagarBeez 03-09-2011 03:22 PM

I love the color green, but, I am seeing too much green as it is so bright. I would use a narrow black border.