Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Opinions Wanted-swap gifts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinions-wanted-swap-gifts-t192296.html)

katsewnsew 06-28-2012 01:35 PM

small coin pouches, potholders, pincushions, makeup bags, small clutch, coaster set, small tabletoppers. Tons of things, have fun!

SewExtremeSeams 06-29-2012 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 5323462)
i think it is too hot all around to send chocolate through the mail now. it is 100+ in my city now so i am sure the chocolate would start to melt on my way to mail a package. it would be such a waste to have chocolate soup.:)

~~~unless you had a nice bowl of vanilla ice cream to pour it over! Yummmmmm:D

Sewhappytoquilt 06-29-2012 02:26 PM

You know what I would LOVE to get? A little drawstring baggie of chocolates (kisses or M&M's would do) that I could eat all by myself and not have to share - hahaha

wanda lou 06-29-2012 09:51 PM

buttons, ribbon and fabric my all time favorites

ssnare 07-01-2012 12:05 PM

They look easy to make. Use a turkey pin ( used to hold turkey together when cooking) , put colored beads on and use a jewelry glue at the end of beads to keep beads on.

I like making chicken pin cushions, small flower pot pin cushions. I have bought pot holders or made them with a loop. Square pot holders are the best. Place 3-4 small sandwich bags in center with zip part to outside. Lay decorative tape over edges and stitch on both edges of decorative tape. Fold pot holder over and sew button on opposite side of folded pot holder. And you have a neat little organizer to carry sewing stuff, jewelry, etc.

(

Originally Posted by hsweany (Post 5305027)
I would love to know how you make or decorate your stilettos...... Thanks

Havplenty 07-03-2012 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by ssnare (Post 5331300)
.... I have bought pot holders or made them with a loop. Square pot holders are the best. Place 3-4 small sandwich bags in center with zip part to outside. Lay decorative tape over edges and stitch on both edges of decorative tape. Fold pot holder over and sew button on opposite side of folded pot holder. And you have a neat little organizer to carry sewing stuff, jewelry, etc.
(

can you post a pic of this? i cannot get an idea of what you are describing.

Nexxus831 07-07-2012 02:51 PM

I made quick little pincushion on top of a jelly jar. It was fun and quick

k9dancer 07-08-2012 08:05 AM

I like to make sewing machine covers.

jclinganrey 09-14-2012 08:45 AM

Thank you all for your great ideas and suggestions. It's funny sometimes how I forget to be creative. Guess I, too am concerned that what I send might not be used. As others have said, if they don't like it, they can 'gift' it forward. I'm fine with that. Now for a quick trip to Michaels . . .

Thank you, Lori for organizing these swaps.

Jane

PenniF 09-14-2012 08:55 AM

Confess i haven't finished reading all the posts - so this may be a repeat - but how about grocery bags?? I've just made a bunch for my Aunt - who shops at many of the markets that don't supply bags - you have to bring your own.... 2 squares, 2 handles - which i stitched all the way around the outside of the bags for extra strength before sewing up the side seams. Really easy and good use of scraps.