Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Opinions Wanted-swap gifts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinions-wanted-swap-gifts-t192296.html)

BETTY62 06-22-2012 08:43 PM

I love to get pot holders and coasters. I have a never received an item in a swap that I did not like. There's just something about hand made gifts that are special.

k9dancer 06-22-2012 08:50 PM

Wow, I'd totally love a hand made stiletto. I also like fat quarters, pincushions, & bags. Hand made gifts are awesome! One of my friends that I met on QB is always making me cute things, and I use each and every one of them!

Havplenty 06-22-2012 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by karate lady (Post 5309010)
Ok quilters....just how does this swap thing work. What all is involved? thanks for any info.......sounds like a fun thing to do...

karate lady at an particular time, there are several swaps going on this board. you check this link to see what swaps interest you, find one you want to participate in, click the link and all of the rules/requirements for that swap will be listed on page 1 of the swap thread. usually you will email the host and let them know you want to participate and presto! you are there.

LUANNH 06-23-2012 05:29 PM

I made lolly pop pin cushins on golf tees, their easy and are made from left overs except for the golf tees. Just make a circle of fabric turn over edge and do a running stitch pull to gather, fill with fiber fill and gather, hot glue to the flat top on the golf tee, tie a ribbon around and drop in the top of your spool of thread and you will have a place to store needle and thread together. Great when appliquing or quilting. They look like the little Dum Dum lolly pops.

k9dancer 06-24-2012 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by LUANNH (Post 5311860)
I made lolly pop pin cushins on golf tees, their easy and are made from left overs except for the golf tees. Just make a circle of fabric turn over edge and do a running stitch pull to gather, fill with fiber fill and gather, hot glue to the flat top on the golf tee, tie a ribbon around and drop in the top of your spool of thread and you will have a place to store needle and thread together. Great when appliquing or quilting. They look like the little Dum Dum lolly pops.

What a great idea!

JNCT14 06-25-2012 04:08 AM

Hey LUANNH - I saw your post and immediately made 2 for my traveling bag and for my sidetable where I keep applique stuff. What a GREAT idea! You guys have got to make these - they are cute and REALLY useful!

CAJAMK 06-25-2012 04:29 AM

I love to make little pin-keeps for sewing / quilting friends. Then put in some pins with beads glued on top.

reginalovesfabric 06-25-2012 04:45 AM

I do the swaps on this board monthly, and I like to send templates I work where there is a sheet metal shop and the my friend cuts me anything I want. Just last week I saw a tutorial on crazy quilts where the lady had a pack of templates for the centers in different sizes for $19.95. I took my templates to the copy machine and decreased it twice and he cut it for me. I also like to send unusual sissors, at Christmas time I find santa, snowman and reindeer handled sissors at the dollar store, last year I bought every pair I could find. In July I start send Christmas items to my pals.

Just Fabric 06-25-2012 04:54 AM

Plastic bag holders, coin purses: not just for coins, can hold knitting supplies, sewing supplies for travel, about 7" long by 5" tall., Sticky back tape measure tape.

Havplenty 06-25-2012 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Just Fabric (Post 5315177)
.... Sticky back tape measure tape.

how do you use this type tape? i received some in a swap and don't know in what wya or how to use it.