Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Out of... WHAT? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/out-what-t65078.html)

MadQuilter 09-17-2010 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Ok... well, uh... we're pretty laid-back here but... no, employees are NOT permitted to have beds in their office spaces!

:|

Naps are proven to boost productivity. lol

I was talking about stashing fabric under the bed in the master bedroom.

pab58 09-17-2010 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
The other day, my grown DD was staring in amazement at my spare bedroom....the boxes of fabric, etc. have grown to overwhelm the room (well, there is still walking room around the bed). And I'm trying to reorganize my sewing room so the spare bed was piled with various boxes of "essential" stuff. I told her that this was the stuff that I used on a regular basis and asked her if she had any ideas about storing it. Her comment? "Mom, you got way too much stuff!" :lol:

You better watch out!! Your daughter just might report you to "Horders"!! :lol: Some people simply don't understand us quilters! :wink: :wink:

pab58 09-17-2010 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by earlylace
When the cost of fabirc goes up this year, all of us stashers will be very happy that we stashed!!!!

Amen to that!!! When I look at it that way, I'm saving so-o-o-o-o much money!! :lol: :thumbup:

C.Cal Quilt Girl 09-17-2010 06:04 PM

LOL... Just need a little of this comes to mind when I think of this stash, and a little of that, and that, and that too, :) Hmmm. My Bad !! ( and don't think I'll give it up ) :) Think I'm hanging out w/a bunch of enablers. (If this was AA we'd have to go get a tody after the meeting) or in this case stop by the LQS going home from the meeting !! :) :)

Dingle 09-17-2010 06:20 PM

cizzors 09-17-2010 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion

Originally Posted by Dingle
I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out of room. Most of my stash is at my Sister's house. You should see the look on her face when I show up with more fabric :lol: I think she needs to buy a bigger place for my stash! :twisted:

You can bring it over here. I will store it for you.

:-D ;-)

Ummm, no she can't. As long as she keeps bringing it over here, I've got more to choose from!

lazyquilter 09-17-2010 06:33 PM

My daughter and daughter in law had come over and I was showing them fabrics that I had pulled together for the grand kids quilts. As I was puttering here and there looking for that one piece of fabric that I just knew was the ONE, I could hear my two quietly laughing behind my back and one of them said to another, do you think we should have mom put in a fabric intervention? I simply turned and very snuggly said.. "well you just got bumped down on a quilt for Christmas". Two faces dropped. I just love those two when they get together. Now if I could get them each learn how to use the new sewing machine I had gotten for them so when I go, my fabric will have a happy home. Nhaaaa..

3flowers 09-17-2010 06:39 PM

I have heard of someone driving their car around with a plastic tub full of fabric stashed in the trunk. That's thinking "outside of the box" I guess.

I wouldn't want to take a chance that someone would rear-end me and ruin my fabric. Personally, I prefer adding shelving clear up to the ceiling--which I have on two walls.

My DD is very worried about me. She doesn't sew (that seems strange).

craftybear 09-17-2010 06:46 PM

rofl, sounds like we all have stuff and need to get organized!

tooMuchFabric 09-17-2010 08:09 PM

DD is all about this quilt she wants me to make "just like Mamaw made" which was cut every piece by hand with cardboard cereal box templates and machine pieced and hand quilted. I say to her, Come over here and sit down and I'll show you how to use this equipment.