Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of... WHAT?

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Overheard in the shop today...

"Oh, dear, where'll I put all this new fabric?"

"I don't know... put it somewhere 'up' ."

"But we're out of 'up' "!

How about putting it "under" if you are out of "up".

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    How about "in?"

Canning pot, turkey roaster (only needs temporarily be moved in November)..... Clean buckets (who needs to mop anyway!)

In the book Stash Envy there is an article about all different ways to store stash and hide it from DH at the same time. lol

O.M.G.!! I have company in my stashing plans! I thought it was just me. . . . . :lol:

The other day, my grown DD was staring in amazement at my spare bedroom....the boxes of fabric, etc. have grown to overwhelm the room (well, there is still walking room around the bed). And I'm trying to reorganize my sewing room so the spare bed was piled with various boxes of "essential" stuff. I told her that this was the stuff that I used on a regular basis and asked her if she had any ideas about storing it. Her comment? "Mom, you got way too much stuff!" :lol:

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    The other day, my grown DD was staring in amazement at my spare bedroom....the boxes of fabric, etc. ...... Her comment? "Mom, you got way too much stuff!" :lol:
    Bite your tongue!!
    Jan in VA

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    The other day, my grown DD was staring in amazement at my spare bedroom....the boxes of fabric, etc. have grown to overwhelm the room (well, there is still walking room around the bed). And I'm trying to reorganize my sewing room so the spare bed was piled with various boxes of "essential" stuff. I told her that this was the stuff that I used on a regular basis and asked her if she had any ideas about storing it. Her comment? "Mom, you got way too much stuff!" :lol:
    Can there ever be a time when we have to much 'stuff'???

I think not!!!!!!

If it's fabric,never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out of room. Most of my stash is at my Sister's house. You should see the look on her face when I show up with more fabric :lol: I think she needs to buy a bigger place for my stash! :twisted:

I keep re-arranging my cabinets. I put it in the garage in rubbermaid and am also now stacking it on top of the rolling drawers that I have my FQ's in.

When the cost of fabirc goes up this year, all of us stashers will be very happy that we stashed!!!!

Does anyone else hope they get to use it before they move on to another dimension?

Blog Entries
    I hearya. I'm beginning to think of how to use up what I have before it becomes my Estate.
    heheh

Quote Originally Posted by krabadan
    Does anyone else hope they get to use it before they move on to another dimension?

HA HA this made me laugh out loud.

OMG!!!! I guess I need to be hosewhipped!!! I wish I had known about this board 3 months ago when we moved into our new house. I threw out 4 large stretchy garbage bags full of scraps!! I'm sorry...really!!! Had I known I would have saved them to give away....but I also did not think I would ever use them before I take that Quilted Highway to Heaven!!! But I promise from now on I will advertise before tossing!!!

The other day, my grown DD was staring in amazement at my spare bedroom....the boxes of fabric, etc. ...... Her comment? "Mom, you got way too much stuff!" :lol:
    My not so grown daughter would have gotten a bit of cocoa powder on her tongue for such foul language!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    How about "in?"

Canning pot, turkey roaster (only needs temporarily be moved in November)..... Clean buckets (who needs to mop anyway!)
    :lol: :lol: :lol: OMGoodness!!!! What a wonderful idea!!! :wink: :wink:

I no longer have a spare bedroom. When I retired I got rid of the bed and turned it into my "studio". I did put a sofa hide-a-bed in there for when the grands stayed overnight. They are now grown and I would have to clean out the room to have a place to make out the bed. So, if I have overnight guests they get sent to the camper. It is perfectly comfortable and everyone has their space

I have no spare rooms for a sewing room so I use my bedroom. As long as I can get to the bed I don't have too much fabric. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    I have no spare rooms for a sewing room so I use my bedroom. As long as I can get to the bed I don't have too much fabric. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Just remember, it's bad Feng Shui to put tools and hard things under the bed. It will disrupt your sleep - but fabric would actually help you sleep better. lol

Many years ago, when I was into a lot more crafts than now --- now it's tilted toward quilting, but same idea, my husband died........ A friend of hers asked if I was going to move into a condo now. My daughter's respons: You have to understand my mother.....when we left home, she bought a bigger house rather than downsizing...just to hold her "stuff". LOL LOL yeah I need a bigger house. Trying to talk DH into a bigger shop rather than a boat..........don't think I'll win this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out of room. Most of my stash is at my Sister's house. You should see the look on her face when I show up with more fabric :lol: I think she needs to buy a bigger place for my stash! :twisted:
    You can bring it over here. I will store it for you.

:-D ;-)

mad quilter you are just way to cool. i'm watchin my stash slowly take over my bedroom. i keep lookin at it tryin to figure out how to organize but just give up and go get a cup of tea and dream of quilts to be done. hahaha

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelizzy
    i keep lookin at it tryin to figure out how to organize but just give up and go get a cup of tea and dream of quilts to be done. hahaha
    That's the spirit!

Blog Entries
    I hear that all the time from my children. None of them sew, so they don't know squat about having "too much."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast