Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of... WHAT?

In my guest room is a nice big bed with three nice big, firmly stuffed "pillows". Enough said!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trisha
    OMG!!!! I guess I need to be hosewhipped!!! I wish I had known about this board 3 months ago when we moved into our new house. I threw out 4 large stretchy garbage bags full of scraps!! I'm sorry...really!!! Had I known I would have saved them to give away....but I also did not think I would ever use them before I take that Quilted Highway to Heaven!!! But I promise from now on I will advertise before tossing!!!
    I don't know to exactly what you're referring (advertise???), but our local guild members keep all unusable scraps/thread - sergers drop tons of that stuff - and stuff scrappy pillows with them instead of batting or fiberfill. They're useful in many instances. If all else fails, donate the finished pillow to animal services where they'll use them for cats & dogs.

[quote=tooMuchFabric]I hearya. I'm beginning to think of how to use up what I have before it becomes my Estate.
    heheh

I've spent way to much time thinking about how to use up my stuff and not actually doing it.

I'm glad I'm not alone in having a nice big stash. Now if someone on this thread ends of on that TV show, Hoarders, then I'll know it might be a problem. Nothing wrong with having a little bit of fabric! That is what I tell my husband.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out of room. Most of my stash is at my Sister's house. You should see the look on her face when I show up with more fabric :lol: I think she needs to buy a bigger place for my stash! :twisted:
    Wow... nice sister. Does she quilt? If not, watch out... she might be tempted to start just to downsize your stash. :lol: :lol:
    Yea she does. We have opposite tastes but always seem to find something that works between her muted colors and my slap in the face brights :D Her Husband always knows when I tell him I need to go to the fabric store what I mean. (Their house!) Oh, by the way Karen, I think I might place another order today for some fabric that I don't need but sure is pretty :thumbup: Clear some more room for me ok. Ha Ha.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonglow
    Just remember 'She who dies with the most fabric wins'!
    No, it's "she who dies with the most--isn't sewing fast enough!" LOL

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Overheard in the shop today...

"Oh, dear, where'll I put all this new fabric?"

"I don't know... put it somewhere 'up' ."

"But we're out of 'up' "!
    So funny as I have just today been and bought five baskets to put 'up' on top of our new wardrobes, we have to make the most of every available bit of space as I have to use our bedroom as a sewing room...wonder how long it will be before I run out of 'up' too!!

:thumbup: :lol: :roll: :D

I have a 10 year old grandson that quilts with my daughter. The other week he told me he wanted to go to Nana's Quilt Shop. My daughter lives about 25 miles from me. I was so upset that my daughter didn't tell me about the quilt shop. She just laughed so hard. She told me to stop and think what he said and what he calls me. He wanted to come to MY house and go thru my stash for fabric. Well I told him the door is always open for him. He left with a large paper bag full.

Wow I started using the shower in my bathroom 10 years ago and my kids think I am crazy. luckyly when they come there is a shower in the other bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's "Mom"
    Once when I used the restroom at one of my favorite quilt shops that is a converted residence, I peaked in their bathtub-shower. It was full of bolts fabric! I haven't had to use that strategy yet, but I might!

Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Overheard in the shop today...

"Oh, dear, where'll I put all this new fabric?"

"I don't know... put it somewhere 'up' ."

"But we're out of 'up' "!
    I have an idea. I have plenty of room for fabric how about "here"
    LOL

TOOOO funnnnny!!!!

Blog Entries
    I know I'm new at this, but I have to ask....when stash is stored somewhere else (sister's, in garage in storage containers, etc.), how ever can you know what you have when you need to use it??? Just wondering.....does stash NEVER get used?

There is never enough fabric or enough time. I have fabric in places i never thought I would. I have had to divide my "hobbies" into different rooms so i can keep doing what I love. At one time I was proud of my neat, organized, cleanly dusted home. Now I write notes to myself in the dust ie., I love me. Okay, I still dust once a week but my gosh you should see the pile of ironing I have yet to do (yep, I still iron my clothes). I was going to do my quilting in the basement but found it did not work for me (too old to be uncomfortable) and now I sew in the living room in a small teeny space in the corner. But whose complaining, not me. Enjoy quilters, you are the best there is.

My hubby and I are discussing selling or renting our house because it's getting hard for him to care for it.We are considering living in a RV and going south in winter and and back to Maine and N.H in the summer when it's warmer. I can't leave my kitchen aid mixer and my 4 sewing machines and all my fabric and notions behind. I'll store them in the trunk of my car if I have to.

YOur daughter sounds like my husband... I've developed the mriaculous ability to suddenly become deaf... ;0}

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Randa
    Just wondering.....does stash NEVER get used?
    Welllll, I always know when I get snarky because DH tells me to go pet my stash. When that happens, I go upstairs and pull out my bins, unfold and pet my fabric, refold and put away -----and I am happy. So even if it doesn't get "used" in a quilt - mine gets "used" in therapy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krabadan
    Does anyone else hope they get to use it before they move on to another dimension?
    Aw nuts! Now I have another project! Do you think it is required to make a quilted shroud, so God will know we used our resources well?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly
    [Aw nuts! Now I have another project! Do you think it is required to make a quilted shroud, so God will know we used our resources well?
    I don't know for sureif it is, but it sounds like a stunning project!!

it would have been better if you had not told us! :)

Cane hampers filled with fabric( and pieces of soap to stop the bugs) look 'stylish' enough. I also have a plastic garbage bin filled with fabric, with a round piece of wood on top to form an over - sized 'lid'. This is covered with a long tablecloth and no - one knows that the chic table in the corner hides a million secrets.

You can get little trailers to drag behind the RV...try to find one that can convert into a little annex or tent that becomes your sewing room!

Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau
    You can get little trailers to drag behind the RV...try to find one that can convert into a little annex or tent that becomes your sewing room!

Quote Originally Posted by joyceelaine1951
    My hubby and I are discussing selling or renting our house because it's getting hard for him to care for it.We are considering living in a RV and going south in winter and and back to Maine and N.H in the summer when it's warmer. I can't leave my kitchen aid mixer and my 4 sewing machines and all my fabric and notions behind. I'll store them in the trunk of my car if I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau
    Cane hampers filled with fabric( and pieces of soap to stop the bugs) look 'stylish' enough. I also have a plastic garbage bin filled with fabric, with a round piece of wood on top to form an over - sized 'lid'. This is covered with a long tablecloth and no - one knows that the chic table in the corner hides a million secrets.
    I gotta try this one! :lol: :lol:

My daughter has told me the same thing. I finally took the bed out of the "sewing room". But now that I have trouble walking & don't do stairs well I just keep adding more fabric since I have moved my machines down to the dining room. Also my name is Joyce
    quote from:sewjoyce]The other day, my grown DD was staring in amazement at my spare bedroom....the boxes of fabric, etc. have grown to overwhelm the room (well, there is still walking room around the bed). And I'm trying to reorganize my sewing room so the spare bed was piled with various boxes of "essential" stuff. I told her that this was the stuff that I used on a regular basis and asked her if she had any ideas about storing it. Her comment? "Mom, you got way too much stuff!" :lol:[/quote]

:lol:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast