Thread: Out of... WHAT?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I love wicker picnic baskets as extra storage. You can stack them in a corner or put them up on a shelf or anywhere. I have 15 of all sorts shapes and sizes. They don't all have fabric in them but they are great for storage. They are easily tucked away in any space. My grandma used to crochet so she kept alot of her yarn in plastic trash cans in her bedroom. They were decorative ones so they didn't look odd. My son gave me a ceramic canister set with birdhouses on it and I have them on little shelves above my work table and I store stuff in them.

I also love love little drawers. I have picked up little spice cabinets with drawers in them and they are lined up on my work table. I store my buttons and small templates and shoelaces I use for the loop on my hotpads in them.

I also have several old antique sewing machine drawers and I have them stacked and I keep my threads in them.

There are lots of ideas for storage if you look around. I love the wire baskets and I have a few in my living room. I store things in them also.