Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Paducah 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/paducah-2015-a-t263946.html)

VaQuiltgal 04-13-2015 04:29 AM

Paducah 2015

Anyone else going to Paducah? I'm going with 3 friends. This will be our 5th time and I can't wait! We are shop hopping through Ohio on our way out. It's a little out of our way, ha,ha, but we love the Mennonite shops. Then more shopping in Paducah, especially at Eleanor Burns' many shops. We'll be gone for 8 days. We all have very generous husbands who say "have fun"!

Onebyone 04-13-2015 04:46 AM

Have fun! I can't go this year due to family obligations. I love Paducah Quilt Week.

NikkiLu 04-13-2015 05:03 AM

My DH takes me every year (5 hours away) and we stay with my youngest daughter who lives in Paducah!!! She is also a quilter and tries to arrange her schedule at work so that she gets off for a couple of days in a row so that she can host us and chauffer us around the city, show, sales, etc. But, this year my DH is facing some serious health issues and we are waiting on when he has to have some tests taken so we won't know until the last minute if we can go or not. Sad face here.

ManiacQuilter2 04-13-2015 05:07 AM

Have fun. Never gone since I am on the west coast.

Kristi.G 04-13-2015 05:29 AM

Have fun! So I have a Paducah question. I'm roadtripping from Austin to Nashville the week after the festival (for a music event). We plan on swinging up into Paducah and spending one night there before our final destination of Nashville. Since we'll be there a week after the big event, is there a chance that shops will have low inventory due to the huge influx of shoppers the week before?

quiltstringz 04-13-2015 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Kristi.G (Post 7163234)
Have fun! So I have a Paducah question. I'm roadtripping from Austin to Nashville the week after the festival (for a music event). We plan on swinging up into Paducah and spending one night there before our final destination of Nashville. Since we'll be there a week after the big event, is there a chance that shops will have low inventory due to the huge influx of shoppers the week before?

I don't know the answer to your question but be sure to go to the Quilt Museum!!!!

IrishgalfromNJ 04-13-2015 06:00 AM

I wish I could go every year. I have never been, but I'm going in 2016 with DD. We'll be making our hotel reservations later this month. Have fun.

luvstoquilt 04-13-2015 06:21 AM

I have never been but it is on my list for sure. Friends and I will head to Shipshewana in June. It is a great show and lots of wonderful shops around as well that participate.

Sneed 04-13-2015 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by quiltstringz (Post 7163253)
I don't know the answer to your question but be sure to go to the Quilt Museum!!!!

Hancock's of Paducah is also a must. They always have enough to spend hours looking, finding and buying. Everyone there is so nice and will be more relaxed after the show. Be sure to go into the back room. Many miss that.

calla 04-13-2015 06:54 AM

My friend works at E. Burns Ruth and is excellent with matching fabrics..........she has a great time